• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouPigeon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi everyone, I'm from the Slidell, LA area. I've been reloading Shotshells, Handgun Ammo, and Rifle Ammunition along with a wildcat round since the late 70's. I've also been shooting since the mid 70's.

My love is in shooting trap and skeet, and reloading for the same, although shotgun sports is my first love, I also enjoy 50 yd target practice with my Pistols, and developing the ultimate loads for my rifles for accuracy. Most of my Shotshell rounds are loaded on a Spolar Gold Press, but have a long relationship with MEC as well. I use a Dillon 550 for most of my handgun reloads, and also in a wildcat round, and use my old Rockchucker for my Rifle ammunition.

I look foreword to meeting everyone, reading new posts, and learning new stuff. Unlike most I've met online, I have no hate for Gun Brands, Reloaders, or differences of opinions, I pretty much look at people having different preferences, Something works better for them than something else.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Welcome aboard,:)
    and IMHO unlike others that are to lazy or think they can hide from the sky blue UAV's , you did good by putting your actual location in your on screen profile.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Welcome, I live over at Shalimar. I am a big reloader as well, I load shotshells on a Ponsness Warren 800, most other stuff on a dillon 650 and precision rifle on either an RCBS rock chucker or RCBS turret.

BayouPigeon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome, I live over at Shalimar. I am a big reloader as well, I load shotshells on a Ponsness Warren 800, most other stuff on a dillon 650 and precision rifle on either an RCBS rock chucker or RCBS turret.
    I was reading a few of your posts earlier, and seen we have a lot in common. The P/W is a fine machine. I started out with a MEC 600 loading one hull at a time, and had/have my old Rock Chucker single stage. Over the years, I moved up from the MEC 600 to the 9000. After rebuilding it after it flooded in Katrina along with the house, I stepped up to the Spolar Gold. I still have my original rock chucker, with a few add on’s, like inline fab bench mount, to quickly switch it out with the Dillon.
    I’m not sure how the components are over in Shalamar, About all I can get in my area are Primers, and that’s a neighborhood dealer going out of business offered me 10k but I didn’t get a price yet, I was too busy trying to talk him out of shot, that he was selling with a MEC press as a package deal.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I was reading a few of your posts earlier, and seen we have a lot in common. The P/W is a fine machine. I started out with a MEC 600 loading one hull at a time, and had/have my old Rock Chucker single stage. Over the years, I moved up from the MEC 600 to the 9000. After rebuilding it after it flooded in Katrina along with the house, I stepped up to the Spolar Gold. I still have my original rock chucker, with a few add on’s, like inline fab bench mount, to quickly switch it out with the Dillon.
    I’m not sure how the components are over in Shalamar, About all I can get in my area are Primers, and that’s a neighborhood dealer going out of business offered me 10k but I didn’t get a price yet, I was too busy trying to talk him out of shot, that he was selling with a MEC press as a package deal.
    That's how I have been able to get components pretty steadily during this shortage, by buying estates, businesses going out, and large lots to split up. I buy, sell and work on reloading equipment so if there is anything you are needing, reach out. I will be coming your way in a couple of weeks.

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi everyone, I'm from the Slidell, LA area. I've been reloading Shotshells, Handgun Ammo, and Rifle Ammunition along with a wildcat round since the late 70's. I've also been shooting since the mid 70's.

My love is in shooting trap and skeet, and reloading for the same, although shotgun sports is my first love, I also enjoy 50 yd target practice with my Pistols, and developing the ultimate loads for my rifles for accuracy. Most of my Shotshell rounds are loaded on a Spolar Gold Press, but have a long relationship with MEC as well. I use a Dillon 550 for most of my handgun reloads, and also in a wildcat round, and use my old Rockchucker for my Rifle ammunition.

I look foreword to meeting everyone, reading new posts, and learning new stuff. Unlike most I've met online, I have no hate for Gun Brands, Reloaders, or differences of opinions, I pretty much look at people having different preferences, Something works better for them than something else.
    Just up the road from me. You have any old milsurp you’re interested in selling?

BayouPigeon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    nah, we'uns is bagdad boys
    Pete, it’s been a long time since I was in your neighborhood, I thought it was the cantonment exit, but I know theirs a truck stop there, if it’s even still there.
    I have a wildcat pistol, a RPM XL built by Jim Rock in Arizona. It’s a single shot 15” barrel with a break on it, it fires a .357 max case with a .270 tip. I keep a Leupold scope mounted on it, and it’s deadly accurate on out to 400 yds. Pamela Atwood has the same pistol, Jim built hers for her just before mine. Pamela does a lot of African hunts, and uses hers quite often. Jim Rock put me in touch with a lady, who I thought owned the Gun Club in Pensacola, and she invited me over for a steel ram shoot. She wanted to see the piece of art work Jim had created. I never got the opportunity to visit her, but it’s mainly because of the distance and work. But I do love this pistol, and caliber, and more than anything the “Made in the U.S.A.” Stamped on the side plate. Jim Rock the legend has since passed away, but he knew how to compete with the TC’s.

BayouPigeon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just up the road from me. You have any old milsurp you’re interested in selling?
    I don’t no… but what I have is a friend, who’s been a powder, Dillon, primer warehouse for me for 35 yrs is going out of business. He’s selling out everything he has on hand, I’m not sure what his inventory looks like, he kept my Red Dot in stock, Saturday he said he was sold out of it, he usually keeps powder for pistols in 1lb cans. I mostly go through Shotgun components quickly. If I know what you’re looking for, I can try to hook y’all up, what y’all can’t get there, maybe I can get here.

BayouPigeon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's how I have been able to get components pretty steadily during this shortage, by buying estates, businesses going out, and large lots to split up. I buy, sell and work on reloading equipment so if there is anything you are needing, reach out. I will be coming your way in a couple of weeks.
    I need Shot, #8 #8 ½ or #9, but my guy does the estate sales too, he’s sitting on a MEC, 100lbs of shot, a bit of powder and 1000 wads with some hulls he wants to let go as package only. He has two boxes of shotgun primers 5k each he told me about, I’m not sure what else… if I know what your looking for, I’ll ask for a price on the MEC package, it might be worth your while. With the way components are right now, I figure shooters will be giving equipment away. I can help you with reloaders.

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t no… but what I have is a friend, who’s been a powder, Dillon, primer warehouse for me for 35 yrs is going out of business. He’s selling out everything he has on hand, I’m not sure what his inventory looks like, he kept my Red Dot in stock, Saturday he said he was sold out of it, he usually keeps powder for pistols in 1lb cans. I mostly go through Shotgun components quickly. If I know what you’re looking for, I can try to hook y’all up, what y’all can’t get there, maybe I can get here.

BayouPigeon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I usually run across them about like I do someone getting rid of a MEC reloader, several times a year, I can definitely keep you in the loop,

Top Bottom