• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ruger Mini's may not be military grade... but they are available in stainless steel, and my dainty little wife has had a few dainty little Minis just for that reason
    The M1 carbine has always been a good gun for small statue people. But 30 carbine has gone up and while in normal times you can find it, it was not as plentiful as 5.56 is.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Somebody made an M1 Carbine clone in 9mm
    I have seen one on a carbine action converted to a pump action in .44 mag years ago. There was one based on the 30 carbine case necked down to take a .22 cal bullet also.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I have seen one on a carbine action converted to a pump action in .44 mag years ago. There was one based on the 30 carbine case necked down to take a .22 cal bullet also.
    Back when surplus carbine actions were cheap. You know, a couple decades from now I'm going to be wishing I'd bought every SKS and similar surplus carbine I'd ever laid eyes on, even those "cheap" $1,000 ones right now, just like the older guys here reminisce about $50 ones decades ago. And new Ford trucks will probably be like $200,000 by then too

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My Dad told me the stories of when M1 carbines were selling for $50... (back in the late 50’s or early 60’s). He said he bought and sold a few, never thinking they would sell for over $750 (or more) like now...he regrets not keeping one of them...

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    God i wish I still had my old Russian SKS now... I'm getting all nostalgic now! :(

Top Bottom