• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jrosa008

Fortuna Eruditis Favet
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    He has a post for a Vortex Diamondback Tactical scope for $400. PM’d him saying that I was interested. He immediately started to text me, which I thought was weird because I don’t remember giving him my number. Says I have to pay shipping even though he’s in Pensacola. When I say I live here, now he can meet me on Friday but I have to pay a $100 deposit via app to mark it sold??

Anyone had any dealings with him? Is he legit?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    He has a post for a Vortex Diamondback Tactical scope for $400. PM’d him saying that I was interested. He immediately started to text me, which I thought was weird because I don’t remember giving him my number. Says I have to pay shipping even though he’s in Pensacola. When I say I live here, now he can meet me on Friday but I have to pay a $100 deposit via app to mark it sold??

Anyone had any dealings with him? Is he legit?
    too many red flags for me, ymmv

Last edited:

Spidey1

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Two rules: 1. pay cash take delivery. 2. Never change the deal. Once the deal, time place amount and said product is negotiated, as soon as someone tries to change any element of the deal, either straighten it out or bail.

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    When I get red flags or have doubts about legitimacy from either side of a transaction whether as a buyer or seller, I walk away- A red flag for me means that some circumstance has arisen that requires me to consider whether or not the other party is in fact legit. The other party may be on the up and up, but if my inner voice is raising concerns, even if unfounded, I walk.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I was on another forum and a guy had a couple of guns for sale in Florida .
    I asked what city. No reply so again I asked what city. I got a snarky reply about no FTF sales.
    So I said “Red flag. Not interested.”
    I got a week’s ban which is no big deal cuz that site isn’t that great.
    I mean, what legit seller would go thru an FFL and mail to a buyer in the same city? That’s just dumb.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I can’t comment on the seller in question but I would never send money via an app ahead of the transaction. That’s too often the sign of a scam especially if the price just happens to be a little too good.
    I buy suff like that all the time, never a problem. I'm on a ship. Pp and mail.
    Also if you say " I'll take it" guess what? It's yours. 2nd thoughts? Change your mind, too bad. Man up.

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I can’t comment on the seller in question but I would never send money via an app ahead of the transaction. That’s too often the sign of a scam especially if the price just happens to be a little too good.
    Someone sent money to me via cashapp ahead of a deal before meeting up but I've done business with them before and I wouldn't hesitate to do the same with him but if I ain't ever done a deal with you I won't send money ahead of a deal and I wouldn't expect someone to do the same with me

sjm127

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hold the phone....what? I have never texted this person. Perhaps he has mixed me up with a different seller or China has infiltrated the system. Attached is our interaction which I just responded to almost an hour ago. Thank you Sakorey for bringing this thread to my attention.

Other than me being completely legitimate, this thread has some great advice on what to look for when making purchases on websites like this. I see this as a win.

Attachments

• 2.png
      2.png
      235 KB · Views: 49
    • 1.png
      1.png
      326.5 KB · Views: 49

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Hold the phone....what? I have never texted this person. Perhaps he has mixed me up with a different seller or China has infiltrated the system. Attached is our interaction which I just responded to almost an hour ago. Thank you Sakorey for bringing this thread to my attention.

Other than me being completely legitimate, this thread has some great advice on what to look for when making purchases on websites like this. I see this as a win.
    It happens I've accidentally replied to a wrong member before

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Clears that one up.

He immediately started to text me, which I thought was weird because I don’t remember giving him my number. Says I have to pay shipping even though he’s in Pensacola. When I say I live here, now he can meet me on Friday but I have to pay a $100 deposit via app to mark it sold??
    Did this person texting specifically mention they had the scope or just kept saying something like "item"?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I mean, what legit seller would go thru an FFL and mail to a buyer in the same city? That’s just dumb.
    Some people are weird. There are members in this group who won't even sell to local people who send them a phone number to contact them so communication can be setup to make the deal. Hard to beat having a phone number when you're not ftf..

Establish comms as men, come to agreement, follow through.

Not a hard concept, but again, wierd people.

Top Bottom