• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • standles

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just getting back into shotgunning and saw the announcement that they had closed the sporting clays course. Anyone have insight as to why? wondered if it was some issue or just not profitable.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Never hear'ed that. Hopefully the main range will not close.
    This is where I have been going lately to get AWAY from people. Plus . . . It is said that burning powder smoke kills the CV.
    We must still be having the BR-50 matches. There were alot of vechs heading down there the other day when I was there. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am almost next door to Shoal River and between their prices and pipes you have to shoot through I have never been in the place, did not even know thay had clays

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From the Trap range master himself. He sent out an email to the regular trap shooters. Give him a call. The range (private range) itself is still open.
    I will take your word for it. I mainly asked because rumors get made and I trust you that Bamford told you it was closed. Also JK has not updated that on the webpage yet.
    The Fiesta pistol match is canceled on the schedule as is an upcoming 2700 match.

Snelly

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shoal river shut down the sporting clays course due to the ever increasing costs of maintaining it.
    The 5-stand is still available and working great, it now has a rabbit. Also the pistol and rifle ranges are still there. They also have gun sales, new/used, ammo, loading gear and a gunsmith. Great place with friendly staff. Ammo is currently 'rationed' due to the current pandemic...

ESPTyler

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just getting back into shotgunning and saw the announcement that they had closed the sporting clays course. Anyone have insight as to why? wondered if it was some issue or just not profitable.
    From what I heard it was to expensive to maintain and not profitable. Ehen yo figure in all the costs. except the gun. to shoot a round of 100 sporting clays it is about 90 bucks. Not too many young people are willing to do that and the old guys are dying off. I miss SPSC a lot.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I love sporting clays but lack the time to really shoot it with 2 young kids - used to go at least once a month.

I hate to see places shutting these down as they are pretty rare.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I live a mile away but have never gone there, rifles shoot thru pipes and I hate that and the noise..pretty small place and expensive. I go to Bullet and Bones or the free range in wing Ala.

ESPTyler

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I only went there for Sporting Clays. The rifle range noise is annoying but in the name of safety it had yo be done

Top Bottom