Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Shoal river shuts down clays course

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

standles

Reaction score
Just getting back into shotgunning and saw the announcement that they had closed the sporting clays course. Anyone have insight as to why? wondered if it was some issue or just not profitable.

Fanner50

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Trap at PRPC closed due to COVAD-19 until further notice.

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Never hear'ed that. Hopefully the main range will not close.
This is where I have been going lately to get AWAY from people. Plus . . . It is said that burning powder smoke kills the CV.
We must still be having the BR-50 matches. There were alot of vechs heading down there the other day when I was there. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
Reaction score
I am almost next door to Shoal River and between their prices and pipes you have to shoot through I have never been in the place, did not even know thay had clays

Fanner50

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Please, where did you hear of this cancellation.
From the Trap range master himself. He sent out an email to the regular trap shooters. Give him a call. The range (private range) itself is still open.

FrommerStop

Reaction score
From the Trap range master himself. He sent out an email to the regular trap shooters. Give him a call. The range (private range) itself is still open.
I will take your word for it. I mainly asked because rumors get made and I trust you that Bamford told you it was closed. Also JK has not updated that on the webpage yet.
The Fiesta pistol match is canceled on the schedule as is an upcoming 2700 match.

Snelly

Reaction score
Shoal river shut down the sporting clays course due to the ever increasing costs of maintaining it.
The 5-stand is still available and working great, it now has a rabbit. Also the pistol and rifle ranges are still there. They also have gun sales, new/used, ammo, loading gear and a gunsmith. Great place with friendly staff. Ammo is currently 'rationed' due to the current pandemic...

Toggle Sidebar

Latest posts

Sponsors

3rd Coast

Members online