• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad_Macid

Expert
    How in tarnation do you gentlemen carry appendix rigs and piss in a urinal?! Been carrying appendix for 3yrs strait now and have yet to find a comfortable way to slip my taco warmer underneath a piece of kydex; much less uncomfortably close to my barrel.

Attachments

• E7DB7E71-7F40-4FFC-AFEE-0F8952C6CF17.jpeg
      E7DB7E71-7F40-4FFC-AFEE-0F8952C6CF17.jpeg
      503.1 KB · Views: 61

skyydiver

Marksman
    I just carry a little to the left (strong side about 11:00). No problem. Pretty dependent on body type and sweet spot probably. I also don’t mess with sidecars, so I don’t know if that makes a difference in not having it centered over the junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    How in tarnation do you gentlemen carry appendix rigs and piss in a urinal?! Been carrying appendix for 3yrs strait now and have yet to find a comfortable way to slip my taco warmer underneath a piece of kydex; much less uncomfortably close to my barrel.

1) An alternate carry option for you: firearm holster and spare mag carrier are not connected. One is around 12:15, the other is around 11:45. “Taco warmer” (I never heard that one, and it’s a hilarious visual, by the way) should be at 12 o’clock, so nothing is really in the way.

2) Pick a urinal that affords some ability to stay out of the main flow of bathroom traffic. Stay vigilant.

3) At the urinal, belt stays secured so pistol and mag don’t droop. Loosen it slightly, if necessary. Unzip, and access the junk.
    Pro: pistol stays supported and, if you get a weird feeling from the thugs who just walked in the bathroom, transfer your junk to your weak-hand and your strong-hand can easily and quickly move to your pistol.
    Con: depending on your underwear waistband vs your zipper opening, it can be awkward access to the junk.

If you are uncomfortable about “flagging” your junk with your pistol, perhaps AIWB isn’t the right call for you. Otherwise, you should realize that AIWB flags multiple parts of your own body, so trust your gear and treat it with respect.

Another option is to slide your rig to one side or the other (towards 1 or 11 o’clock) while at the urinal, then move it all back when done.

Kduly

PewPew
    GCGF Supporter
    1) An alternate carry option for you: firearm holster and spare mag carrier are not connected. One is around 12:15, the other is around 11:45. “Taco warmer” (I never heard that one, and it’s a hilarious visual, by the way) should be at 12 o’clock, so nothing is really in the way.

2) Pick a urinal that affords some ability to stay out of the main flow of bathroom traffic. Stay vigilant.

3) At the urinal, belt stays secured so pistol and mag don’t droop. Loosen it slightly, if necessary. Unzip, and access the junk.
    Pro: pistol stays supported and, if you get a weird feeling from the thugs who just walked in the bathroom, transfer your junk to your weak-hand and your strong-hand can easily and quickly move to your pistol.
    Con: depending on your underwear waistband vs your zipper opening, it can be awkward access to the junk.

If you are uncomfortable about “flagging” your junk with your pistol, perhaps AIWB isn’t the right call for you. Otherwise, you should realize that AIWB flags multiple parts of your own body, so trust your gear and treat it with respect.

Another option is to slide your rig to one side or the other (towards 1 or 11 o’clock) while at the urinal, then move it all back when done.
    Agree with all points here. I had a similar setup with the sidecar type holster but just ditched that altogether. Spare mag now sits in weakside pocket. Also, I'd like to add one more option to #3. I switched to the "nexbelt" about 6mos ago and the buckle is key for me. The ability to loosen the belt with one hand and quickly tighten is a hugh plus.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I'll try to get a picture later today of the Pilster Flex setup that I run. I'm not a fan of the sidecar rigs for obvious reasons.

Mad_Macid

Expert

Some pro level advice. I'll separate the side car from the holster and give it a run. I really like the idea of simply sliding the holster out of the way before and after doing biusssines. No idea why this hasn't occurred to me. As far as ratcheting belts go. I don't know how people conceal carry with anything other than a ratcheting belt. Always used a Carhart but have been thrilled to see Safariland come out with the nexbelt! Thanks for all the sound advice gentlemen.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Some pro level advice. I'll separate the side car from the holster and give it a run. I really like the idea of simply sliding the holster out of the way before and after doing biusssines. No idea why this hasn't occurred to me. As far as ratcheting belts go. I don't know how people conceal carry with anything other than a ratcheting belt. Always used a Carhart but have been thrilled to see Safariland come out with the nexbelt! Thanks for all the sound advice gentlemen.
    i wear surplus Yugoslavian suspenders attached to a leather belt

IronBeard

Master
    Been appendix AIWB with a leather holster held by a 'J' hook. No problems. I keep the 'J' hook just shy of cranked tight in case I need to adjust the cant a bit, but haven't had to in a while.

M60Gunner

Master
    If you can’t find a comfortable IWB holster my suggestion would be this https://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-cloak-tuck-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html.html

Love the damn thing and the Glock shell (you can order others) fits my Springfield, M&P, and several other wonder nines. I ordered mine with metal clips and the tension is adjustable with the supplied Allen wrenches. Their customer support has also been top notch.

More on point to the thread, I don’t AIWB anything other than one of my 357 stubbies with a heavy trigger. I know I know I’m too old school but I’ve had to draw when the pucker factor was way high and things happen not as we intended

Top Bottom