Target Sports

seems like theres not enough GCGF SUPPORTER badges on people these days...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I've personally missed 2 or 3 sales via pm without response. I try to treat people like I want to be treated. Also for future dealings it's a plus. If I burned someone he may decline to sell to me again.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    On this forum, seller sets the rules. Personally, if I post for sale in public, I prefer an "I'll Take It" in public. When someone PM's with a low-ball offer, and thinks that puts them first in line, they are mistaken. For me, first "I'll Take It", in the thread, at the asking price, gets whatever I am selling. Just my policy - not intended for anyone else. And I don't have text capabilities either.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If you have the SUPPORTER badge you get a text or email the second someone posts something in the FOR SALE section. ( at least I do) That is how I have been able to get most all of the "good deals". ---- SAWMAN

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges! Just trying to lighten up situation, but I agree , it urks me when people don't get back to you. I'm a impulse buyer so it really drives me nuts.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    PM with low ball offers are not considered , I’ll take it followed by a Pm with a reasonable pickup time frame will take Priority over all other offers. Having your buddy that’s not a forum member pick it up for you isn’t going to work for me either. If a forum member happens to be in the area and wants to be a go between for another forum member that is in good standing Then that’s doable. Last but not least , if I get the slightest notion that something isn’t right then I won’t sell or buy from that individual.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No Mod opinion: The Forum has published Rules. A Buyer "I'll take it" Is an offer to buy, which must be accepted by the Seller. The Seller and " Potential" Buyer discuss conditions that have not been addressed in prior communicationssuch as to buy pending inspection, travel and date/time of meet. If agreed to by both parties, the item is spoken for or sale pending. After sale, Seller is suppose to post item is Sold and the final selling price per the Rules.

Some Sellers may not want to sell to certain Members based on Buyer/Seller Reviews or prior posting interaction or just not enough Posts/Forum activity. Seller should just tactfully decline the offer. Note that when a Member has BLOCKED another Member Posts, he will not receive offers to buy either.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    If you have the SUPPORTER badge you get a text or email the second someone posts something in the FOR SALE section. ( at least I do) That is how I have been able to get most all of the "good deals". ---- SAWMAN

Shuush!!! Your gonna ruin it!

Reactions: FLT

Flounder Hounder

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have dealt with several members on this forum and have been fortunate to have met some great people.
    Still haven't figured out this badges thing ... I'm terrible with the bookface also

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I think if you enjoy the forum, take time to read the rules, be respectful (somewhat) and if you want to have a local collection of guns and accessories to buy and sell, ask questions, solve problems, get sage advice, then it seems worth it to contribute a little. However, its not mandatory....YET.
    The added bonus is getting to know some of the guys on here and the drawback is getting to know some of the guys on here.
    Anyway you look at it, this forum is an added value for gun owners and a small contribution to be an Elite member with voting privileges, 50% off at Ruby Tuesdays when you present a coupon, make your own official membership card, and yes, when COVID is over KEV may unveil the new handshake.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I guess being a supporter is elite. Am I asking the wrong questions? Just curious how to become a supporter but can't get a serious answer.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I guess being a supporter is elite. Am I asking the wrong questions? Just curious how to become a supporter but can't get a serious answer.
    The Membership enroll button got lost in the transition. I'm sure it is being looked into as we speak. It was $10.00 per year, a very reasonably entry fee.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

The button is hidden. There is a series of keystrokes you have to do on the main page. If chosen by the ballistic council you will recieve a pm containing these keystrokes.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Being a "supporter" is only $10.00 a year. Come on guys.....all the money you spend on guns and ammo in a year and all the time you spend on GCGF and you don't want to spend ten a year to be a supporter? It reminds me of the Waffle House thread. Be a "supporter" all ready. Support your community.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Being a "supporter" is only $10.00 a year. Come on guys.....all the money you spend on guns and ammo in a year and all the time you spend on GCGF and you don't want to spend ten a year to be a supporter? It reminds me of the Waffle House thread. Be a "supporter" all ready. Support your community.

Easy there big guy, don’t get carried away...

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    No Mod opinion: The Forum has published Rules. A Buyer "I'll take it" Is an offer to buy, which must be accepted by the Seller. The Seller and " Potential" Buyer discuss conditions that have not been addressed in prior communicationssuch as to buy pending inspection, travel and date/time of meet. If agreed to by both parties, the item is spoken for or sale pending. After sale, Seller is suppose to post item is Sold and the final selling price per the Rules.

Some Sellers may not want to sell to certain Members based on Buyer/Seller Reviews or prior posting interaction or just not enough Posts/Forum activity. Seller should just tactfully decline the offer. Note that when a Member has BLOCKED another Member Posts, he will not receive offers to buy either.

wildrider, I would have to ask you to show where in the sales rules it states: "After sale, Seller is suppose to post item is Sold and the final selling price per the Rules."

Top Bottom