• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was a 3-10x. I've looked at Bass Pro and academy here in town and can't tell much difference in clarity/quality/low light potential in store. I'd be using the AR for hog hunting if I swapped the scope over.
    Thanks.
    Still awaiting the answer to expected and/or maximum hunting distance. Not to mention what the original hunting rifle is that the day scope should be designed to complement. Since purpose has yet to be defined, AR hog hunting with a 5.56 is sub 100 yard so low light is NVS optimized, and during the day fiber optic iron sights at less than 100 yards are the most economical. Awaiting hunting rifle & purpose definition prior to offering sub $500 day scope recommendations. Perhaps other are awaiting such clearity before they respond?

noleveyor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Still awaiting the answer to expected and/or maximum hunting distance. Not to mention what the original hunting rifle is that the day scope should be designed to complement. Since purpose has yet to be defined, AR hog hunting with a 5.56 is sub 100 yard so low light is NVS optimized, and during the day fiber optic iron sights at less than 100 yards are the most economical. Awaiting hunting rifle & purpose definition prior to offering sub $500 day scope recommendations. Perhaps other are awaiting such clearity before they respond?
    I picked up a Leupold on trade. Thanks

Top Bottom