• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Ordered this Vortex scope and mounted on a 22-250 for my granddaughter to use, wasted half box of shells and still not zeroed in, the d@mn scope adjustments for up/down and left/right are completely opposite from the arrows, I’m sure I can zero it in tomorrow after the barrel cools down but ticks me off to no end to waste ammo, has any body else encountered this with a Vortex scope?

Attachments

• 2E97C957-D251-4341-9A70-98D81336A2CD.jpeg
      2E97C957-D251-4341-9A70-98D81336A2CD.jpeg
      122.3 KB · Views: 126

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have not read instructions, always mount a scope straight up down level in a gun vise , bore sight then walk out to my range. Top and right turrets are marked with arrows for U and D and L and R movement but I’m telling you folks this scope is backwards from the arrow direction on each turret. I thought it was spelled turrent but spell check keeps correcting to turret, lol

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    the instructions say the turret turns in the direction you want the bullet to go

COPPERHEAD®54Windage and Elevation Adjustments
    The Copperhead® riflescope incorporates adjustable elevation and windage dials with audible clicks. Each audible click moves the bullet’s point-of-impact 1/4 of a minute of angle (MOA). 1/4 MOA closely corresponds to 1/4 inch at 100 yards, 1/2 inch at 200 yards, 3/4 inch at 300 yards...taking four (4) clicks to move the bullet’s point-of-impact approximately one inch at 100 yards.

How to Adjust Windage and Elevation Settings
    Begin adjusting the windage and elevation settings by first removing the turret caps. Then, move the turrets in the direction you wish the bullet’s point-of-impact to change. To make the adjustments, rotate the adjustment dial in the appropriate direction (up/down or left/right) as indicated by the arrows. After sight-in, you can re-align the zero marks on the turret dials with the reference dots if you wish (see Resetting Adjustment Dials with Zero Reset on page 8). Replace the turret caps when done.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I’ve sighted in probably close to 50 scopes in my lifetime, this scope adjustment is @$$ backwards from the arrows marked on the turrets

CenturyMk3

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Vortex will send you a return label..And just replace it

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sighted in ok, but had to do it backwards

Assuming it is factory screwed, this is just an example of mfr "race to the bottom" to scoop up all the bidness in a product line. In normal times, they might have some half decent folks catching this. No one gives a crap now at that level, and I'm sure it's offshored at minimal pay.

Yes, Vortex will "fix it"--almost certainly by sending you a new scope. God only knows if it will have its own issue(s). I'd likely do exactly what you did, as long as it holds zero, for now. You'll certainly be sending it back for something in the future--just put this on your list of issues.

There is a lot of truth to "you get what you pay for", particularly today. Not always true in every case, but certainly way more often than not, IMO.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    best warranty in the industry
    Yuhp- as I noted they'll send you another that likely has it's own issue at that price point. Or, maybe it won't.

My distinct preference is to not have to use the wty, ever.

16gauge

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have seen this on a Nikon and a Swift years ago, it has been a while though. Like they said Vortex warranty is great.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have seen this on a Nikon and a Swift years ago, it has been a while though. Like they said Vortex warranty is great.
    And Nikon is now out of business for the most part. Will hate to see Vortex go too

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I didn't have zero shims for a Viper I had...they sent them to me NC and a boat load of swag along with it.

lhetmer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ordered this Vortex scope and mounted on a 22-250 for my granddaughter to use, wasted half box of shells and still not zeroed in, the d@mn scope adjustments for up/down and left/right are completely opposite from the arrows, I’m sure I can zero it in tomorrow after the barrel cools down but ticks me off to no end to waste ammo, has any body else encountered this with a Vortex scope?
    Did you ever get a resolution to this. I have a Viper 4x16 that does the same thing. Was going crazy at Range until I figured out they were backwards. I contacted Vortex they tell me it is impossible for them to be backwards. I have sent them pictures as proof. Waiting for response.

Top Bottom