• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I've been using my card a lot lately. Less interaction. I always try to use cash at the mom and pop type places when I can. Processing costs profits. Yesterday I went to give cash and he looked at it like it was a snake and pointed at the credit card machine, and I kind of stuck the cash out further. He mumbled under his breath, "oh you want to use cash."

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Man or female ?
    Young or mature ?
    Told a 20 something female what I had, and afterwards, I had no problem handing cash to a male with hair as gray as mine a week ago.
    "Can't be to careful" OR, "nanny state"

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What was the reason they gave you? Are they worried about catching the Rona from the cash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    until they change the statement on u.s. bills, "this note is legal tender for all debts, public and private", then they have to accept cash, or go pound sand....
    below is a fine being paid in pennies, they called cops, cops confirmed it is legal.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    If I was selling something and the buyer showed up with pennies the sale would not happen.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's like the time when there was no beer sales on sunday in the county. Guy walked into TT, got a case of natty. Clerk said no beer sold on sunday. Guy put $20 on counter and walked out, beer in hand. Clerk asked what was she to do, because she can't ring it up. I told her to ring it up the following day. I mean what else can you do? Wasn't like the guy stole it.
    Hand them cash, or tell them to go back and put your trash back into your trailer.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "This note is legal tender,for all debts,public and private." --- SAWMAN
    Does that mean that for a sale that a merchant must accept it. It seems for a debt they must. There was a time when USA money "was not worth a continental"

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

“Section 31 U.S.C. 5103, entitled "Legal tender," states: "United States coins and currency [including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks] are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues."

This statute means that all United States money as identified above is a valid and legal offer of payment for debts when tendered to a creditor. There is, however, no Federal statute mandating that a private business, a person, or an organization must accept currency or coins as payment for goods or services. Private businesses are free to develop their own policies on whether to accept cash unless there is a state law which says otherwise.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There was a time when it was common for mines and factories, especially in small towns to pay their workers in company script that was good at the company store.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What was the reason they gave you? Are they worried about catching the Rona from the cash?

Papers bills are filthy. Many years ago when I was graduate student, for two summers I drove buses on the west side of Chicago in some very bad neighborhoods. Many of the woman would not carry purses. So on a hot july midday a woman would get in the bus and reach into her bra and pull out a soggy dollar bill. I never really liked handling such money for sure.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The reason they gave was a shortage of coins to make change. Sounds to me like the employees are not trusted with cash.

Reactions: FLT

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perhaps eventually cash won't be needed at all, and transactions will be completed by scanning the chip embedded in the buyer's government mandated 666 tattoo.:rolleyes:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Perhaps eventually cash won't be needed at all, and transactions will be completed by scanning the chip embedded in the buyer's government mandated 666 tattoo.:rolleyes:

not gonna happen...

Top Bottom