DK Firearms

Ruger MKI and Adventures in 3D Printing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDuck

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My MKI came to me missing a right side grip because it had a floating rail attached that substituted for that grip. Sure I could go online and just buy a new set... but that's boring and who wants to wait for the extreme shipping time nowadays?

I found a suitable 3D model for an Airsoft MKI, and after some careful measurements determined it is a near fit, so I printed away.... my first set of 3D printed grips!

They are 2 tone... I had a brainstorm once the printer completed to the bottom of the star shape (its actually resembles the Umbrella Security Service logo fro m Resident Evil, not a fan, but it does look nice here) I paused the printer and swapped out the black filament for white and completed. My first 2-tone print! This made for a really nice effect.

There was only a minor fitment issue, I guess the Airsoft had a flat frame, the actual MKI has a bump at the bottom of the magazine channel. A little grinding on the inside of the grip and it fit perfectly! Only thing I would change is countersink the screw holes a little more. Nothing I can't solve on my drill press.

I showed this to a couple friends last night, I got a lot of compliments... I thought I should share!

122449438_1274224186281176_334524149273250740_n.jpg
    122591263_1685671248278981_8617096966768257958_n.jpg

Last edited:

TheDuck

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well I'll be damned, apparently it looked so good I got a good offer and it unexpectedly sold. I wish I could figure out how to do that with exgirlfriends... Haha.

If you want print one yourself, here's the link I based my work off of.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom