• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It will take a little time to gather 50 rounds of 30-06. I just worked out a swap for a New in the box Ruger Alaskan Guide Gun in 30-06 and haven't loaded for the cartridge in over forty years. I've probably got a couple of thousand rounds of .308 Win laying around, and some empty cases that need reloading. I've been concentrating on the 300 Win Mag lately, but it's mostly SMK's that I load.

So what range do we all gather at to expend the tithing? (LOL)
    Camp Blanding, Gateway, Manatee, or Fort Stewart?

Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Congratulations....you have written a plain English text that even I, a non Navy guy, can understand. I'm going to have to get with the guys and get all these ammo requirements waved as a reward for your coming down to our level.

I'm going to leave you with a little naval terminology that I do know..................US Naval SPASURSTA. I'll check back later to see if you know what it is. It's probably online.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Congratulations....you have written a plain English text that even I, a non Navy guy, can understand. I'm going to have to get with the guys and get all these ammo requirements waved as a reward for your coming down to our level.

I'm going to leave you with a little naval terminology that I do know..................US Naval SPASURSTA. I'll check back later to see if you know what it is. It's probably online.

Sgt. Schultz & I know nothing about Space Commands. Closest I got to ours was the Special C-130's that dropped FROGMEN into the Pacific. Closest I got to Ivan's was photography via telemetry equipment. But I've signed & been directed not to know alot about SR.

Queries prior to, or of more significance than, Operation Eagle Claw may not have been leaked by the Elite Members of the NSW Community. If it ain't readily available on WIKI, I don't know nothing!

If I requested that we leave things alone that happened prior to the UDT FROGMEN being disbanded in 1983, could Y'all Honor such a request?

PS: (a Bourbon or 2 later.) Is it easier to converse in plain english over the chess board with a Guinness at Maggie O'Malley's today, or would you rather talk in cypher of things that may or may not have happened in the last century?

Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "If I requested that we leave things alone that happened prior to the UDT FROGMEN being disbanded in 1983, could Y'all Honor such a request?"
    That'll work with me!
    I will explain my above post. SPASURSTA meant "space surveillance station". Believe it or not it was located in the Mississippi Delta south of Greenville. We'd seen the sign on the highway for years before we wondered why the navy was in the Delta. We went up in the woods and came across a big field that looked like a bunch of fencing crossing it. We had no idea what it was until one of my buddies got a job there cutting grass when we were off school for the summer. He said it was a satellite tracking station and there were several more across the US. Well, the mystery was now solved except we now wondered why the navy was tracking satellites instead of the air force. Still haven't figured that out. It's probably long gone.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "If I requested that we leave things alone that happened prior to the UDT FROGMEN being disbanded in 1983, could Y'all Honor such a request?"
    That'll work with me!
    I will explain my above post. SPASURSTA meant "space surveillance station". Believe it or not it was located in the Mississippi Delta south of Greenville. We'd seen the sign on the highway for years before we wondered why the navy was in the Delta. We went up in the woods and came across a big field that looked like a bunch of fencing crossing it. We had no idea what it was until one of my buddies got a job there cutting grass when we were off school for the summer. He said it was a satellite tracking station and there were several more across the US. Well, the mystery was now solved except we now wondered why the navy was tracking satellites instead of the air force. Still haven't figured that out. It's probably long gone.

The first man on the moon, was he Navy or Airforce?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wasn't Airforce because there wasn't a race to the O Club upon arrival.
    Wasn't a Marine because there was nothing to fight.
    Wasn't Army because the Marines weren't there first.
    Wasn't a Civilian because of Ùnion contract.
    WAS a Naval Aviator because somebody's got to "test the waters". Lol

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with Wildrider except I think it wasn't an army guy because no cold beer exists on the moon. The moon dust would eat up our tank tracks too.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Wasn't Airforce because there wasn't a race to the O Club upon arrival.
    Wasn't a Marine because there was nothing to fight.
    Wasn't Army because the Marines weren't there first.
    Wasn't a Civilian because of Ùnion contract.
    WAS a Naval Aviator because somebody's got to "test the waters". Lol
    UhHmmm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom