Target Sports

Remington 110gr FMJ 30 Carbine bullets for reloading. 5 miles north of Whiting Field, Milton

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    2000 bullets per case. Have two cases for sale. $200 per case. Buy both cases, have a lifetime supply, and pay $350 total.

Note: For my friends who worry that when I ultimately sell my Saginaw Steering Gear M1 Carbine, they won't get bullets with it...I have plenty more bullets for reloading the Carbine.

B95A4EAA-94BC-4E92-B3A2-673A96713CD8.jpeg

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    This for you Sawman. Not for sale at this time. It's one of the CMP carbines returned from Italy. The "bad": Italy opened up the sling slot to make it easier to use and stamped their FAT (Fabrica Armi Terni inspection stamp) stamp when it went through inspection/alteration of the sling slot. The good: beautiful bore and various Saginaw parts. I chose a Saginaw carbine cuzz I like the song with the words "I was born in Saginaw Michigan the son of a Saginaw fisherman".

48E36E59-03E0-4343-B4EB-E8AE4CA60371.jpeg 3A35CE1F-21E3-4641-B0D5-E5797EBF45FF.jpeg F95FB124-70AC-4E18-910F-9B89FCFF5F32.jpeg

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You using these in any of your 300 blackout pistols? If so, what kinda results are you getting?

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    How about half a case??? (Anyone want to split a case) :rolleyes:

"My Quality Hardware needs to be fed." :)

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    How about half a case??? (Anyone want to split a case) :rolleyes:

"My Quality Hardware needs to be fed." :)
    I'll split one if he gives me good feedback on the 300 blackout loads. I don't have any experience with these in bo so waiting to see what he says.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For plinking loads I am planning to use 110 carbine fmj in my 300 blackout. I bought a whole bunch og funny colored bullets from I think mag tech. I also have some berry plated and some soft points. With soft point the carbine is a good man killer. For the carbine there is some debate out their on the correct primer. My manual said to use the 6 1/2 remington and others are claiming it is not safe because of potential slam fires. Never heard of a carbine slam firing, but I guess it could happen. More likely to occur I think with a round bolt rather than the flat bolt. The round bolt was intended for the M2 Selective fire carbine version.
    The 10/22 I am sure relative to ergonomics was inspired by the M1 carbine.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have never tried them in the Blackout. I have read several reports in which users said they had feeding problems with the short bullets in Blackout AR’s. Of course no feeding problems in single shots. I do not think I’ve read about their use in a bolt action Blackout.

I have lots of other bullets for my Blackouts.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have never tried them in the Blackout. I have read several reports in which users said they had feeding problems with the short bullets in Blackout AR’s. Of course no feeding problems in single shots. I do not think I’ve read about their use in a bolt action Blackout.

I have lots of other bullets for my Blackouts.
    Too bad if it is true. I do have a fair amount of 150 US GI fmj that I can also use.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Just finished an Internet search on the subject. They feed for some and jam for others, so my testing in a particular upper would only be valid for that upper and the magazines used with that upper.

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    I tried the 30 carbine (110 Gr) projectiles out of my rifle and was getting some feeding issues but nothing too bad. However, the bullets striking my muzzle brake and splashing me with jacket fragments was enough to put a stop to that endeavor.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    A slow day for me, so what to do? I know, test some 30 carbine bullets in the Blackout and bump my for sale post. Still have 1 sealed case of 2000 bullets ($200) and half a case of 1000 bullets ($100) for sale. Have some pulled USGI carbine fmj bullets (look like the Remingtons in shape, but not as shiny), so I'll do some testing with them.

By seating them .15" inside the case neck (figure that ought to hold them just fine), I have a loaded oal of 1.89". Make a dummy round. Test for chambering from 2 magazines in the following uppers: Ruger, Core15, and Delta Company and following lowers: Ruger, KISS, and Colt. I only tried 1 chambering for each upper, but all chambered! Measure oal after each chambering: No instances of the bullet being pushed lower into the case. In the last upper tried, the oal increased .005". The Blackout case used was formed from a LC 5.56 case. The dummy fit fine in my Blackout chamber gauge. Try in a Ruger Ranch bolt action rifle...chambered fine. In all tries, pulling the bolt back ejects the dummy round. Admittedly all that chambering does make the dummy round start to look beat up.

Next load some mild (in my opinion) loads with 18.0gr H110 (typically 110's would be 19-20gr H110 for full power loads in my experience).

First test: 1 round in a 9.5" upper with Quicksand suppressor. Fires and locks back mag on empty chamber. Primer is NOT flat whatsoever. Load 3 rounds in mag...all fire, feed, and eject fine. Bolt locked back after last round. No evidence of jacket material on the flash hider/suppressor mount. No evidence of suppressor baffle strikes.

Next test: Try in Ruger Takedown with Ark30 screw on suppressor and gas set on "1" (least amount of gas setting). All fire, feed, and eject fine. Bolt locked back after last round. No evidence of suppressor baffle strikes. Primers not flat.

I am puzzled by Internet reports saying they fail to feed. Could it be the oal that some have loaded them to? Maybe I should now test for accuracy....

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A slow day for me, so what to do? I know, test some 30 carbine bullets in the Blackout and bump my for sale post. Still have 1 sealed case of 2000 bullets ($200) and half a case of 1000 bullets ($100) for sale. Have some pulled USGI carbine fmj bullets (look like the Remingtons in shape, but not as shiny), so I'll do some testing with them.

By seating them .15" inside the case neck (figure that ought to hold them just fine), I have a loaded oal of 1.89". Make a dummy round. Test for chambering from 2 magazines in the following uppers: Ruger, Core15, and Delta Company and following lowers: Ruger, KISS, and Colt. I only tried 1 chambering for each upper, but all chambered! Measure oal after each chambering: No instances of the bullet being pushed lower into the case. In the last upper tried, the oal increased .005". The Blackout case used was formed from a LC 5.56 case. The dummy fit fine in my Blackout chamber gauge. Try in a Ruger Ranch bolt action rifle...chambered fine. In all tries, pulling the bolt back ejects the dummy round. Admittedly all that chambering does make the dummy round start to look beat up.

Next load some mild (in my opinion) loads with 18.0gr H110 (typically 110's would be 19-20gr H110 for full power loads in my experience).

First test: 1 round in a 9.5" upper with Quicksand suppressor. Fires and locks back mag on empty chamber. Primer is NOT flat whatsoever. Load 3 rounds in mag...all fire, feed, and eject fine. Bolt locked back after last round. No evidence of jacket material on the flash hider/suppressor mount. No evidence of suppressor baffle strikes.

Next test: Try in Ruger Takedown with Ark30 screw on suppressor and gas set on "1" (least amount of gas setting). All fire, feed, and eject fine. Bolt locked back after last round. No evidence of suppressor baffle strikes. Primers not flat.

I am puzzled by Internet reports saying they fail to feed. Could it be the oal that some have loaded them to? Maybe I should now test for accuracy....
    Perhaps not all AR15 300 blackouts have the M4 cut for feeding. Good information on loads.

PS not a slow day for me. got off the tractor for a rest and them back to finishing hurricane sally repair to my fencing. I am about put a small chain hoist on to the welded wire to tension it before wiring the fencing to the new t-posts.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Just examined the three uppers tried. I THINK all have the larger M4 cuts. I have now loaded up test loads with 17.5, 18, 18.5, and 19 gr of H110. Will probably shoot groups tomorrow. Now to figure which rifle to try them in.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Just did an accuracy test using a Ruger American Ranch with a 1 in 7 twist. The normal M1 Carbine twist is 1 in 20.

35yd 5 shot groups using pulled USGI M1 Carbine fmj bullets. The faster the load, the worse the group. 17.5 to 19 gr H110. 17.5 gave 1 3/4". 19 gave 3 1/4". Had 1 instance out of 20 rounds where the bullet jammed at the feed ramp. Reseating it in the magazine, it fed fine.

At this point, I cannot recommend those bullets for normal supersonic Blackout use. I suspect the short round nose bullets are being spun too fast by the Blackout fast twist. Another test would be firing in a 1 in 8 twist, but I don't feel like it, having plenty of other plinking bullets for the Blackout.

Top Bottom