• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • surfer56

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I was left a couple of old Remington Model 11's from my grandfather, in need of some attention. Found BearKat through ONESHOT, in Milton. Barry took great care in bringing back this family heirloom, from a time gone by. He takes his time to understand the manufacturing and history of products he works on. 832-231-5952

Bearkat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was left a couple of old Remington Model 11's from my grandfather, in need of some attention. Found BearKat through ONESHOT, in Milton. Barry took great care in bringing back this family heirloom, from a time gone by. He takes his time to understand the manufacturing and history of products he works on. 832-231-5952
    Thanks so much for the kind words and for trusting me with your heirloom.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Bearkat did a great job on threading a 6" barrel for a vintage High Standard Duramatic M-101. I did not want to thread the original 4" but was lucky enough to find a used 6" barrel for the project.

He had to make a special jig for the job as the bore was 5 thousands of an inch out of being concentric, 2.5 on one end and 2.5 off on the other. If you have a project, give him a shout.

Great job Bear, and thanks!

HS Threaded (2).jpg

HS Threaded (1).jpg

Bearkat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bearkat did a great job on threading a 6" barrel for a vintage High Standard Duramatic M-101. I did not want to thread the original 4" but was lucky enough to find a used 6" barrel for the project.

He had to make a special jig for the job as the bore was 5 thousands of an inch out of being concentric, 2.5 on one end and 2.5 off on the other. If you have a project, give him a shout.

Great job Bear, and thanks!

View attachment 210636

View attachment 210635
    Thank you Ray, for becoming a new friend and for your business!

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Bearkat, are you local to NW Florida (Pensacola) area?

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Bearkat, are you local to NW Florida (Pensacola) area?
    He's located in the Milton area by Whiting Field. Besides putting a matte surface on a Contender bbl for me, he also took my M1867 Swedish 12.7x44 rolling block and redid the block so as to stop the failures to fire. When the Swedes converted the rolling block from rimfire to centerfire (around the time frame of going to the M96 Mauser), apparently they could be a bit sloppy or careless at local facilities, they put in an off-center firing pin hole thus the firing pin would hit on the edge of the primer. He redid the inside of the block so the firing pin would hit more centered on the primer. A test of 39 rounds was then fired with no failures to fire.

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Perfect, I have a similar issue, an old rifle I need worked on. Its a J. Stevens *Crack Shot* model 16 and the firing pin in the breech block is bound up.

Top Bottom