Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Recent scouting pics

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Gator1067

Reaction score
Indiana. Me and my buddy decided to try and manage his 100 acre farm after season last year to see what a little extra feed and mineral would do. I take off every November and hunt up there a couple weeks. This is the result so far. The genetics were there just gave them a bump. You can’t continue through season up there so will take it all up next month. The heavy buck is actually on his way down. He was a 14 last year but couldn’t get on him less than 400 yards and he would only give me time to look at him at the edge of a field.

Last edited:

Bowhntr6pt

Reaction score
Your pics are giving me the necessary motivation to get my gear out and ready (cameras, batteries, SD cards, feeders, etc.).

I hope you score big!

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I suggest that you put out some salt licks also. That will help the does ""take" when bread.
Up in Maine we would buy it in the 50lb blocks,cut it in quarters,and drop it from a airplane. We put out over a ton a year. --- SAWMAN

Gator1067

Reaction score
I suggest that you put out some salt licks also. That will help the does ""take" when bread.
Up in Maine we would buy it in the 50lb blocks,cut it in quarters,and drop it from a airplane. We put out over a ton a year. --- SAWMAN
We put out some mineral blocks and salt licks they pawed a three foot hole in the ground. A lot of does on the property as well. These pics are of the does on managed property and bucks from another farm I hunt with no mineral.

Attachments

Daezee

Reaction score
Went out today scouting with Sawman. First pic: Deer track on the left; hog in center and right. See how this deer track has the classic "heart" shape to it and real pointy hooves? Easy in this case to tell the difference when side by side.

2CDA829B-2876-467F-AD26-60FA5FADBAA7.jpeg

Next pic: You have to scout prepared. In this case I carried a machete and a L2A3 Sterling submachine gun. Sawman carried other items on him and in his electric buggy. Interestingly we did see 6-7 hogs in the day time, but by the time we got guns up, they were gone...if we'd only had another 1-2 seconds! Peanut field to my right with cotton field off to my left in the background. Did find a tree had fallen into the peanuts, and we were able to pull it out of the field.

B3198B57-C84A-46E0-BBC1-5407E90F4F80.jpeg

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
IMPORTANT !! - - -> try not to position yourself to the right of somebody with a subgun.
ESPECIALLY one shooting 800rds per minute. At one point in my life . . I had no friends. --- SAWMAN

Gator1067

Reaction score
Wouldn’t go in trap for a week so had to shoot him. He was castrated and ear marked. From the fat on him in my area def got out of a pen or been hitting a feeder. We don’t have crop fields for them to eat on. Should eat real well. That makes 16 caught in 1.5 months trapping in a gated community.

Attachments

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar
Top Bottom