• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hatecheese

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm looking for a range bag, suitable for multiple pistols along with ammo and accessories.

I seem to see lots of bags that are 1 main big storage area - then you are carrying your pistol cases which take lots of room, or finding soft cases for your firearms so they aren't clunking against one another. There must be better range bags of a different configuration. What are you using that you like and would recommend?

Thanks,

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I use a Craftsman tool bag with one main compartment and various outside and inside pockets. Less than $20 and fairly discreet! :)

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've had good luck with this style from MidwayUSA. Although I think they have change the stitching a little but since I bought mine.

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    I use an old paintball bag from Redz on days I bring a lot. Or else just a Jansport book bag works fine. Not trying to look like John Wick at the range lol. If I had to buy another bag I’d look at paintball bags with wheels on it. No shame in my game looking like I’m about to take a flight :) Easy to bring whatever to the range.

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I really like this one, been using it for a few years and carries 3 pistols & 7 mags plus plenty of room for ammo & other things. Has two removable pistol pouches & a third padded pocket.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use a Craftsman tool bag with one main compartment and various outside and inside pockets. Less than $20 and fairly discreet! :)
    Yep, I've been using an AWP tool bag for years. Got it either Lowe's or Home Depot. Works, and the shoulder strap is a bonus when it gets heavy.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

hatecheese

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all of the replies.

Jester, that is really what I'm looking for. Liking how they have dividers in the large area of the bag

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I "get" the big range bag solution. I really do. I use "Bagmaster" range bags, but they are over twenty years old, and I'm not sure if the quality is still there for the new ones. For an indoor shooting range they are ideal. I shoot at the PRPC, an outdoor range, where I literally park ten feet from the bench that I will be shooting from. My days of lugging a fifty pound range bag are long gone. I divide things up now. These Wal Mart tackle boxes are perfect for my needs, and the Midway small pistol bags are perfect for my pistols. I have several of the Midway bags, each for a specific gun. I used to use a bigger Craftsman tool box that weighed a ton, but as I get older separate smaller tackle boxes work for me. My "system" works well for me, and I've noticed that at the ranger everyone has their own "system." It's a work in progress.
    FE833041-50F6-47B3-8A31-2F794A5B6B9D_1_201_a.jpeg

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I can't seem to find a bag or box that fits my needs. I take something different everytime. Depends on what guns I take. I have a large 2 rifle bag from midway they has outside pockets that will fit handguns. Not at all tactical looking like the Drago bags but it works.
    For pistols I use an academy fishing tackle box with the clear compartments for lures removed. I also have an old luggage deal on wheels. Business deal for laptop and supplies. Has dividers that work for keeping pistols from tapping each other.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Thanks for all of the replies.

Jester, that is really what I'm looking for. Liking how they have dividers in the large area of the bag
    they do make one a bit smaller than the one I got. Thing will hold more stuff than I want to carry. I use the center for timer and HP. I have put another pistol in there too for a total of 3.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm looking for a range bag, suitable for multiple pistols along with ammo and accessories.

I seem to see lots of bags that are 1 main big storage area - then you are carrying your pistol cases which take lots of room, or finding soft cases for your firearms so they aren't clunking against one another. There must be better range bags of a different configuration. What are you using that you like and would recommend?

Thanks,
    I shall also cast my lot on the Midway Competition Range bag.

One pistol cased on each of the internal side envelope pockets. Lift out ammo tray. Two external zipper pouches that can carry another pistol each. Love the tandem zippers tied together for easy access to the internal compartment from the top. At least one accompanies me to the range, for the last ten years, so they last. JMHO.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom