• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    A1 sight, carry handle, tear drop fa and deflector. With door. Anybody know about these? Year ? In service use? Real? Retro? Riding on bushmaster, windham xm15 e2s lower. H bar Barrel has a2 cup, fsb and some kind of steel sleeve just aft of the birdcage. Looks like it's a 16 inch barrel appears the barrel runs all the way to the flash hider.

Was considering getting it to do a retro build.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A pic would be "manna from heaven".
    The sleeve aft of the birdcage could be some kind of XM-188 adaptor unless the bbl is already groved for a grenade launcher ring.
    For a semi retro build,take a look at the upper from NATCHEZ. They are similar to my XM177E2. They have a 11.5" bbl with a pinned 5" "flash hider". The upper has a A2 sight and a semi correct front sight (pin/blade).
    Would be a start to a XM177E2'ish build. These guns,like mine,handle differently than a M4 because of the CG more aft due to only 11.5 inches of bbl up fwd.
    To complete the build,if you can find a origional (non effin plastic) 2 position stock,you'd have a great handleing weapon.
    If you come to get that stock,remind me and I will show you my gun. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Does that upper have a full fence ??
    20180411_112401_001.jpg

Last edited:

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A1 sight with the deflector and dust cover I believe is called a C7 upper. I have an upper like that from a ban era Bushmaster. I wonder if the strange flash hider is because the barrel is not threaded. Mine is 16” non threaded heavy barrel. I bought mine new in 1999

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    A1 sight, carry handle, tear drop fa and deflector. With door. Anybody know about these? Year ? In service use? Real? Retro? Riding on bushmaster, windham xm15 e2s lower. H bar Barrel has a2 cup, fsb and some kind of steel sleeve just aft of the birdcage. Looks like it's a 16 inch barrel appears the barrel runs all the way to the flash hider.

Was considering getting it to do a retro build.

Bushmaster used these upper receivers almost religiously. I used to have the same thing on a Bushmaster upper assembly I had. These were used a lot during the ban-era (1994-2004). As far as anything being retro, the upper receiver could be used to build something like a late Model 723, early 733, or an early M16A1E1. Of course, being a DK forge code upper, it would not be correct, but it would still look retro. The upper with the forward assist and Brunton Bump (brass deflector) is considered to be a M16A1E1 or C7 (Canadian) type upper receiver. In the U.S., Colt used them on some of the early M16A2 series weapons like the ones I mentioned. Here is a late 723 build I did, but it has an actual Colt upper receiver.

001.JPG

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Bushmaster used these upper receivers almost religiously. I used to have the same thing on a Bushmaster upper assembly I had. These were used a lot during the ban-era (1994-2004). As far as anything being retro, the upper receiver could be used to build something like a late Model 723, early 733, or an early M16A1E1. Of course, being a DK forge code upper, it would not be correct, but it would still look retro. The upper with the forward assist and Brunton Bump (brass deflector) is considered to be a M16A1E1 or C7 (Canadian) type upper receiver. In the U.S., Colt used them on some of the early M16A2 series weapons like the ones I mentioned. Here is a late 723 build I did, but it has an actual Colt upper receiver.

View attachment 81942

That's it. Exactly. Newer stock and railed forearm. Dang you guys are good! Thanks

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Yep, pretty good considering my meager description. That's why I posted. I'm guessing it's a ban period build or orginal bushmaster.

With the Windham, ME BFI lower, it may very well be an original ban-era complete Bushmaster carbine. You can probably contact Windham Weaponry (original Bushmaster manufacturer) to see if they still have record of it. If they do, they will know if it was a complete weapon and when it was built or if it was just a lower receiver when sold.

Windham Weaponry: (855) 808-1888

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Does the muzzle device in the armslist pic above attach with a setscrew or similar? Am I correct saying that threaded barrels were banned?

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Does the muzzle device in the armslist pic above attach with a setscrew or similar? Am I correct saying that threaded barrels were banned?

These have an AK-74 type muzzle brake pinned and welded to a 14.5" 1/9 HBAR. At the time of the ban, they could not attach flash hiders, so Bushmaster used muzzle brakes. On the one I had, I carefully removed the muzzle brake by cutting it off (piece by piece) with a rotary tool and a good cut-off wheel. I then had an extended A2 FH pinned and welded to it. Some Bushmasters, during the ban-era, had crowned barrels (no threads).

Top Bottom