• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the last month I've had two racoons trying to live peaceably in my attic. Last year I caught one in a box trap in the attic and, being a kind soul, I took him across the street into the woods and released him. BIG MISTAKE! He / she came back and is fully educated about box traps. So, unfortunately for he/she. I left the soffit open and ambushed he/she with my .22, in the evening. BUT! I have one more stubborn, box trap wise critter, hiding in the attic and won't come out! He/she hasn't been out in a week so I know he/she must be hungry. It pulled an A/C vent off to get water (I guess) but hasn't eaten lately. I'm looking to use a conniber(?) trap if I could find one or ask for " A little help from my friends"! .......HELP!

Toss a boxfull of Mothballs in your attic...one at a time.
    It'll help get rid of a few other problems as well.

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Many years ago when I still lived on Long Island I had a family of raccoons go into my attic. When I looked to see how they got in I found a large hole chewed right through the roof. I waited until they left the attic the following evening and put a sheet of plywood over the hole. Thinking how smart I was and took care of the problem so easily.

The next day they chewed another hole a few feet away from the plywood covering. :eek:

That night when they came out I grabbed a .22 to take care of them. Unfortunately it was dark enough that I could not see good through the scope to hit the thing. My shot came close and was enough to scare all 3 (momma, poppa and junior) up a tree. Now I was pissed so I got a flashlight and a 12 gauge . Shined it up the tree and saw their eyes. Had my wife hold the light while I shot. 2 shots, 2 dead raccoons, third one (junior) fell out of the tree with first shot and ran away never to be seen again.

This was all in a residential neighborhood with half acre lots. Houses on both sides but none behind me. Buried them and went back inside quick, hoping nobody called the police. Actually think the neighbors were to scared to even make the call!

Thats how to get rid of coon's in the attic!;)
    Thanks for sharing! Now that's combat! (sort of!)

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the last month I've had two racoons trying to live peaceably in my attic. Last year I caught one in a box trap in the attic and, being a kind soul, I took him across the street into the woods and released him. BIG MISTAKE! He / she came back and is fully educated about box traps. So, unfortunately for he/she. I left the soffit open and ambushed he/she with my .22, in the evening. BUT! I have one more stubborn, box trap wise critter, hiding in the attic and won't come out! He/she hasn't been out in a week so I know he/she must be hungry. It pulled an A/C vent off to get water (I guess) but hasn't eaten lately. I'm looking to use a conniber(?) trap if I could find one or ask for " A little help from my friends"! .......HELP!
    I was reading "Hints from Heloise" in the PNJ this morning (I lead an exciting life.) Someone submitted an article that a radio placed in the attic with loud music would drive the critters out. I wonder if that would work with bad neighbors.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    first find where they are coming and going from. If more than one place close all but one.

Dress in all pink or yellow (or other color that matches your insulation), color face and any exposed skin to match.

get a thermal scope, mount it on something that will run 22 shorts.

once they leave, get in and build your hide facing their only entry- don’t forget snacks and a large Gatorade bottle to pee in.

wait for them to start coming back in, and choot’em

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If you kill it make sure to make some Tennessee Toothpicks!

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Did you ever get the raccoons out ? I have couple spare traps from catching feral cats for the spay neuter release program

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for asking! After several late-night ambush attempts, I executed one when it came out so stealthfully! It was like a mirage! was impressed! BUT, I made a tactical error. I should have waited a minute or two because there was a second bandit still inside, scared shxtless after the first one went down! He / she wouldn't come out for days. But, one night between the hours of 2 -5 am, he/she made the escape! I'm sure the stories raged among the bandit clan throughout the neighborhood wilderness that week as I haven't seen any others since then. AH yes! It takes me back in time.....years ago to a far away place!

Top Bottom