• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Barring any violent action towards you, I would recommend sitting calmly in your car with the doors locked and windows up and calling 911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Negative! I am not sitting anywhere if all of a sudden people try to stop traffic etc... If you want to sit there with people yelling all around you, be my guest. All it takes is one yahoo to get frisky and boom, your window is broken or something even worse. Nope, nope, nope! You say, all you have to do is sit there. Well all they had to do was MOVE. But they had the hair brained idea to say "hell no" that person is not going through our road block and jumped on the hood of the car. Yeah, real smart people there.

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In this case, a small group linked arms in a single line and blocked the road. Yes, I would recommend waiting for LE to arrive and disperse them. But every situation is different. Just my somewhat educated opinion.

I have to agree with him on this situation if they want to link hands and sing cumbaya while I wait for a LEO then so be it.. however.. they start surrounding my car with my family inside, and beating on the windows while trying to open the doors.. well then after that I will be leaving the area by any means necessary.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Very good discussion. Do we have any experts to advise us on the rules of engagement if caught in these situations?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    my rules of engagement is to not be anywhere near protests...and not a bottleneck areas, and I will not depend on the illusion of safety in a car with the windows up.. one lead sinker in a sock takes that barrier away...

I won't be sitting still until they clear the way either.

if one jumps on my car, they better be ready for a wild ride that doesn't end well for them..

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For argument’s sake, if caught in that situation, what’s wrong with waiting for that barrier to be breached to punch the gas?

What is reasonable?

Assuming I am coming through GB and didn't realize there were protesters on the bridge and was stopped with no way to back up.. if they are in a line, holding hands stationary then I would wait on LEO support, while taking defensive measures in my vehicle.. but if they drop hands, and take steps towards my vehicle. That's where the situation changes.
    Every situation is different, and will need appropriate response based on threat level.
    Roadside ambush.. break contact..
    Otherwise.. use common sense.. even if they don't.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    For argument’s sake, if caught in that situation, what’s wrong with waiting for that barrier to be breached to punch the gas?

What is reasonable?

I would not be anywhere near a known gathering point for one thing, but if I wait, and

if the window is breached by an object, it stands to reason that object has a measure of lethality about it, I will not wait for the slim mental safety of the windows being up and unbroken to act, as the object could be swung again quickly, connecting with my noggin.....or my wife's noggin

if they jump on my car, they are going for a ride....with some road rash to end up with...and if that is all they get, they will be very lucky

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And now the real battle begins for the driver?
    Hope the driver has deep pockets, he may need to lawyer up.

Here is the hood surfer:

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 9.32.02 PM.png

and it starts... wonder if he will be making the early morning shows?

Hopefully, the driver has not made posts online that will hurt his case.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If ,and that’s a big if , you could remain calm enough to just drive slightly faster than those assholes can run you could string them out for a mile or so . They’d be so tired it would take them an hour to bunch back up at their starting point.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lets put this on the scale of Justice. Free speech is protected, so is liberty/freedom of movement as long as both do not violate Laws.
    Do the protesters have a Permit?
    Do the protesters have permission to occupy and block the Road and Bridge preventing movement by citizens and transportation of commerce (goods)?
    Are the Rights of drivers/passengers violated by the unlawful direct and intentional blocking of a public Right of Way?
    Is it unlawful to to drive through (not run over, not slam into, not at a speed to create a threat or panic nor injure) unlawful protesters blocking a Right of Way?
    Is it unlawful for a protester to jump on the hood of a slow moving vehicle (creating a danger to driver/passengers and himself)?
    Why did LE stop Traffic (not well) and not automatically direct the protesters to clear the Road/Bridge and get backup as necessary and arrest those who refused to comply?

Car hood jumper claims driver was antagonizing then targeting. “What I felt was my role as a white man with privilege was to be there as a shield,”

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Some posts back I believe that I read something about sitting calmly in your car and waiting for the police to arrive to make them get out of the roadway.
    Good lord sir. Do you realize just how silly that sounds ?? Is that what I have been seeing on TV ?? Have the vid footage that I am seeing been altered in any way ?? Why would I have the slightest reason to believe that law enforcement in this area will react any different than law enforcement has been reacting in other cities ??
    Have the roadways been cleared or have the rioters,looters,thugs,ANTIFA,etc,been pretty much getting their ass kissed by the police ( and civilian leadership) up north ??
    At this point for anyone to ACTUALLY believe that you should NOT protect yourself,your family,OR your personal property,is just silly and naive. For anyone to give the advice that you should sit calmly in your vech,and wait for the police to arrive to move the protesters out of the roadway so that I can take myself and my family out of danger is very wrong (AND DANGEROUS).
    AND - - -> along with what I have been watching on TV,the anemic reaction BY LAW ENFORCEMENT is one of the reasons that I feel that I must be proactive with these thugs. The police have been taking a knee WITH the thugs. Crying WITH them. Protecting their "right" to destroy property,burn,loot,and assault people. Am I really expected to expect the cops to protect me and my family ?? REALLY ??? --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    And - - -> what is this "dial 911" stuff all about. Unless it is a SUPER flash mob,the police should know where these "protests" are taking place and be there already.
    People blocking the street ?? May I please ask . . what was the total time that they were blocking the roadway ?? How long were they blocking traffic AFTER law enforcement showed up ??
    PLEASE . . . we have all seen the camera footage of the other . . . ummmmm . . . gatherings. 'Bout the same huh ??
    Does it look like the police are protecting the people from the thugs . . OR . . the thugs from the people ?? Telling us,don't protect your store,don't defend your property,just sit in your car,call 911 and we will move them out of the road . . . and the all famous - - -> WE WILL PROTECT YOU. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Will openly admit sir,would never want your job. Extremely blurred lines of right and wrong,good and bad,good guys and bad guys,liberal civilian leadership creeping in,progressiveness,political correctness.
    In the years past,I really believe that my job was much easier.
    Good luck to us all. --- SAWMAN

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think I’ll just avoid that shit hole known as Pensacola!. That solves my problem because based on training and previous experience I won’t allow a crowd to stop my forward momentum!! Their rights end where their actions infringe upon my rights. They are either for protecting everyone’s rights or no one’s rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom