Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Protest's have been going on for like a week now.. this is just the first instance of Darwin award level of stupidity.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Protest's have been going on for like a week now.. this is just the first instance of Darwin award level of stupidity.

I have not seen anything on them. Heard about santa Rosa county starting something in Milton but no confirmation

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Up until now they have pretty much been lining the road at graffiti bridge.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Reminder: damages caused by civil unrest many not be covered by insurance. Check your policies. If not covered, costs to repair will be on the perp or you.

Obviously, avoid if possible. If cannot, think in advance what you will do and be ready with action plan and resources to execute it.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stupid people! You block me in with a group of people and jump on my vehicle, heck no I am not stopping for the mob! But this is funny! I don't care who you are.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I do believe in Florida you do not have to stop unless it's an authorized crosswalk. Don't tell them that.
    No cop no lawyer. Don't listen to me. Lol

ArcDrone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^ Even then, you still have ROW. They cannot cross until the "coast is clear" Could state a bunch of FL statues laws under 316 blah blah blah. Anyway, even with the construction nearby there, they still don't have ROW in the middle of the road. Keep on truckin'. But same, not a lawyer.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If I feel in danger I will continue. If a person jumps in front of me,I will consider it a attempted suicide.
    At any other time,say when driving down the interstate,someone runs out in front of you and you squash them like a bug,is it your fault ?? IMO . . . SAME THING.
    If I am stopped and they attempt to gain entrance to my vech,ESPECIALLY using or displaying a deadly weapon,which includes,a bat,a large stick,a skate board,a tire iron,a brick or reasonably sized stone,etc,etc. . . . . . I WILL SHOOT THEM.
    Read the laws that pertain to the "castle doctrin". It includes not only your home,but also your vech,and any other place that you have a legal right to be. The potential thugs,rioters,looters,etc. that have been watching this shit from the larger inner cities up north,had better stop and reflect on where they are at. Down here the laws are different than the Dem/lib strongholds up north.
    Down here they could get killed if the driver is armed and in fear of their lives. --- SAWMAN

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thankfully, I have no reason to be where they are currently.

Something to consider..or not:

Prosecutors will go to a person's online statements and can twist them to suit their agenda. Seems like the first thing a news journalist reports on is what they find the person said online. Once posted publicly, it is almost impossible to delete. Making bold statements about what a person would do feels good but is it prudent? I would hate for my own words to be used against me. Why make their jobs easier?

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    admittedly I haven’t been keeping up, but have protests turned violent and have people been drug from their cars in Pensacola? Before anyone points out what could happen, let me remind everyone that protests at graffiti bridge have been going on for a week, and sometimes it’s wiser to plan ahead/practice patience/find a different route than plow through.
    I fully understand most people talk a lot tougher online than in person when physical consequences are more probable. I’m just trying to keep it real: ive been in a lot more deadly places than the three mile bridge, surrounded by much more dangerous people than nw fl beta males, and I still managed somehow not to start blowing people away to make an exit.
    Granted I rely on the fact the vast majority of the tri county area is about as hard as the stress balls the credit union gives out when your open an account, but I made a decision a long time ago I wasn’t going to kill someone over something like a car or being late to work. But hey, you guys do you, this isn’t legal advice. If a group of Pat’s holding signs and chanting catch phrase in the street is enough to trigger your survival instinct and plow your 4000lbs of steel right down the middle of them, that’s your call. But I’d advise you be prepared to accept the full consequences of your actions.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I won't plow through them. I won't blow them away. But I will proceed with caution. I hope they decide to move. Peaceful protest shouldn't involve beating all the panels in or breaking windows, or jumping on the hood in this case. Idiots. I've seen a lot of the media has started calling these demonstrations instead of a protest. I'm not sure the difference by definition, but I'd say a demonstration is a couple steps from a riot.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    They block your way. Then they surround your car after they intentionally stop you.
    What would you reccomend doing ?? Get out for a group hug ?? --- SAWMAN

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Even just slowly proceeding is an unnecessary escalation. I would recommend against it unless it’s an emergency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So if blocked in where you can't turn around, you are supposed to just sit there while they block the road in front of you? All the while surrounding you and shouting crazy sounding stuff. Yeah, big NO to that. How come people say to push the gas and get away from conflict in other cases, but some people think you shouldn't here in this case? Sorry, no way I'm letting people block me from going anywhere in the middle of a "protest."

Then say you want to turn around, but they are right next to your car and you have to attempt a 60 point turn. The protesters which are right by you think you are "escalating" the situation just by moving in their general direction trying to turn around etc...???? Sorry, I am going to do everything I can to get the heck out of the situation no matter what!

Top Bottom