• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Each situation is unique.
    Some of the disagreement above could be that some of us are thinking about worst cases and others may be thinking about less violent situations. Hopefully, we will correctly read the situation and use wisdom and not over react due to fear and/ or panic. The wrong decision can have a lifetime of consequences.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And - - -> what is this "dial 911" stuff all about. Unless it is a SUPER flash mob,the police should know where these "protests" are taking place and be there already.
    People blocking the street ?? May I please ask . . what was the total time that they were blocking the roadway ?? How long were they blocking traffic AFTER law enforcement showed up ??
    PLEASE . . . we have all seen the camera footage of the other . . . ummmmm . . . gatherings. 'Bout the same huh ??
    Does it look like the police are protecting the people from the thugs . . OR . . the thugs from the people ?? Telling us,don't protect your store,don't defend your property,just sit in your car,call 911 and we will move them out of the road . . . and the all famous - - -> WE WILL PROTECT YOU. --- SAWMAN

Could be that dialing 911 is about helping you win the subsequent legal battle. My understanding is there are legal advantages of being the first to file a complaint. Hopefully there are some criminal lawyers who can set me straight.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I strongly believe that protecting yourself and family is waaaaay above number one. You seem to think that the worries should be about the aftermath of the incident. Social media,what could be used against you,what will people think about me,the judges,the jury,etc,etc.
    NOT ME !! My priorities are self and family preservation. Above all else. If I have played out certain scenarios in my mind,and I firmly feel that if I am doing what is legally and morally right . . . WELL . . . carry on. Get the job done. No waiting for help from anybody.
    On the other hand,if you are so worried about the aftermath of a real world incident,and you choose no action on the basis that someone could think negatively of you . . . IMO . . . you have already lost the fight.
    "You will fight like you train" is never so true as in these real world incidences. And "train" does not just mean your body,but your mind also.
    Good luck sir. --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    To me it really depends.
    I avoid the known areas. I’ll stop well short of a road blockage if I see it and turn around or back up if possible, but if I can’t safely turn around a lot depends on their actions. If they stay well ahead of me I would call and report the traffic stoppage, probably sit in my car, enjoy the A/C, and tell my wife and kids what a moron looks like. However, If they start moving toward my car with my family in it, I will start making more aggressive movements to leave by turning around even bumping other cars in this attempt, or if need be I will plow over them, but I will leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We do not disagree. There are multiple threats to a family in these situations. Some are immediate, some take time to develop. It is good that you have played scenarios out and decided what you will do. That shows the wisdom of a good leader.

Folks that focus on only one threat without considering the others seem like ineffective defenders of the family and are easily manipulated into making mistakes. Who will protect the family if weapons have been confiscated and the defender is incarcerated? I too wish you the best!

Last edited:

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have been told by leo the driver probably won't be charged and the protesters could be charged with impending traffic, assault and criminal mischief. This is just bench talk.

Great news!

Now for the civil case.

I wonder how long they have to file the civil case? I seem to remember, in medical cases, the injured party can delay up to 3 years before filing a lawsuit and then several years more to work through discovery and possible settlement/ trial. The discovery phase is likely where those pesky online statements can come back to bite the driver in the a$$.

Is this how it works for this type of civil case?

Hope driver files a counter suit.

When does the driver have to pay his attorney? Is it pay as you go?

I wonder if his car insurance will help cover this?

I would hate living for five years with this hanging over me but what is done is done.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The way I see it, the chaotic evil masterminds at the root of this crap want exactly that. To create and deepen the divide.

I’m not on anybody’s side. In my personal life, I prefer to be left alone. In my professional life where that’s not an option, I am on the side of justice. I’m blind to the other “sides”. I use discretion and my best judgement on scene to enforce laws by bringing a suspect to the court, where their peers can decide their guilt. I am only there to investigate and learn the facts and present those to the court. Part of being a professional is to not let any personal feelings or opinions get involved. I just want peace and to help better my community for my children

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Professional This is the keyword. If Chauvin had acted 'professional' none of this would have happened. I greatly appreciate the advice and it is the smartest thing. While it will hurt my pocket book, I can repair or replace my car. If you wait for your car to bear some damage, you legally have more of a reason to respond with force that should be driving out of it if possible or if they are actually breaking into the car, then do what you must.
    What many do not understand is that politics are the driver here and even if the written law is on your side, you will likely get arrested and maybe charged.
    Right now the political pendulum is swinging towards the movement to elevate G. Floyd to martyrdom and do in the police. The pendulum could swing the other way.
    I will do my best to avoid such things and drive to avalon if I have to go down that way.
    Edit to add. Sometimes you do get caught between a rock and hard place. Life is not always fair.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Could be that dialing 911 is about helping you win the subsequent legal battle. My understanding is there are legal advantages of being the first to file a complaint. Hopefully there are some criminal lawyers who can set me straight.
    Also start your video on the cell phone and record what is happening to you.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Also start your video on the cell phone and record what is happening to you.
    They will retrieve that video or pictures even if the phone is smashed with a brick or missing. Could be extremely helpful or could be very bad.

Attachments

• 30046.png
      30046.png
      217.9 KB · Views: 218

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This guy is guilty of criminal mischief, there is video on line to prove it. He should be charged with that at minimum.
    surfer:

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 9.32.02 PM.png

and it starts... wonder if he will be making the early morning shows?

Hopefully, the driver has not made posts online that will hurt his case

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Is that a Pensacola Police suv blocking part of the road with the protestors? Hard to for me to see. I would like to see more. Interesting. (By "with" I do not mean to imply supporting the protestors)

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They will retrieve that video or pictures even if the phone is smashed with a brick or missing. Could be extremely helpful or could be very bad.
    I assume that the video shows them breaking into the car. Your locked car is like a locked house relative to defending yourself. The video may or may not help you, but it likely will not tell lies about what happened.
    I think both the protestors and likely the driver were at fault.

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What I felt was my role as a white man with privilege was to be there as a shield,” Uphaus told Channel 3, Saturday evening. “To shield any kind of violence from any of the black people out there because as we’ve seen all over this country, they’re the ones being targeted.”

I have no words.. well that's not true I do.. but I'm not dumb enough to post them online.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Professional This is the keyword. If Chauvin had acted 'professional' none of this would have happened. ...

Nope. He could have professionally released pressure on the suspect when the resistance stopped, and the suspect could've still died from his own health conditions. Who knows? Doesn't matter.

These rioters/thugs/idiots are just looking for an excuse, ANY excuse, to commit these crimes. It's their CHOICE.

Ask yourself where are the riots and looting and arson and murders following the deaths of innocent LEOs? Oh that's right.

No. Whether Chauvin acted with premeditation, misconduct, or simple ignorance, it didn't "cause" anything. It simply gave these useful idiots an event to hijack as their "cause" of the month.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    What I felt was my role as a white man with privilege was to be there as a shield,” Uphaus told Channel 3, Saturday evening. “To shield any kind of violence from any of the black people out there because as we’ve seen all over this country, they’re the ones being targeted.”

I have no words.. well that's not true I do.. but I'm not dumb enough to post them online.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

insert face palm slap here

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Wondering how the police were " attempting to resolve the situation" ??
    By a quick hook up and off to jail,or threats . . AND . . . talk,talk,talk.
    Who was in charge ?? What were their orders ?? --- SAWMAN

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    From what ive heard PPD knew they were going to block the bridge.. and didn't persuade them otherwise. You can see a PPD cruiser parked in the roadway blocking traffic with its lights on.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of my take always from the article though is it kinda sounds like the vehicle went around even a police car to approach the protesters. Police were at least already on scene attempting to resolve the situation.

More and more I am hearing about LE being told to be hands off even when laws are broken. In many cases this simply leads to more laws being broken and issues arising from people thinking they can get away with more and more.

You can see LE vehicle in the video with lights on.

I kind of chuckle thinking how long the driver would have drove if they didn't "stop" the driver on the other side of the bridge. That's a long hood ride across the bridge!

And reading the article it only makes me think the idiot hood rider was even more of a moron than I thought. He stated that the driver "bumped" him twice and instead of getting out of the way, he jumped on the hood? Stupid idiot!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of my take always from the article though is it kinda sounds like the vehicle went around even a police car to approach the protesters. Police were at least already on scene attempting to resolve the situation.

If the hood riding protestor is telling the truth; It sounds like some form of assault. Going around a police vehicle and personnel that are trying to resolved a situation is just not smart.
    Uphaus says the driver lightly tapped him with his vehicle twice before accelerating.

Below is much smarter:
    ‘Avoid stupid people in stupid places doing stupid things’. The best way to avoid this unholy trinity: don’t go to stupid places in the first place’

Top Bottom