• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Which are you guys using? Leaning towards a 6moa but having a tough time finding a Romeo zero in 6moa at a decent price.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Depends on application. For bullseye shooting, the 3moa is better, gives you a more defined target. For rapid target acquisition, the 6moa is probably better. If you have the option, the 2moa dot with 32moa circle is my prefered. Easy to find the dot thanks to the circle and gives you pinpoint accuracy. The new RomeoZero Pro offers it, but is about 100 bucks more than the standard RomeoZero and close to the pricepoint of the Holosun 507c which is definitely a superior optic than the Sig one.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I have the 3 and it's great. 6's to me seem huge. For the money tho the Zero is hard to beat. It's also all plastic, at least mine is. So when you step in and out of this heat it don't stay cold and get sweaty like other optics I have does. Since it's plastic it changes temperature super fast and don't fog as bad. If you want to go with a big dot yet stay precise, check the Trijicon dual illuminated RMR. it uses a huge triangle and you aim with its tip. So it's the best of both worlds. It just isn't very bright at night tho. Or at least mine isn't because I got it used and it may be old. I think it shares the same footprint tho. Be prepared to fork out a ton tho for that rascal. They're making some now with the ACSS reticle tho, at least with larger models I know of. Not sure about pistol sized red dots yet tho. I'd check tho. You aim with they're tip also, so you can use a larger chevron that's highly visible yet stay precise. But yeah I like the Lil 3 MOA just fine

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I have an oem sig hood for mine. Keeps it protected. Minimal bulk added and same for weight. It's either thin steel or aluminum. I haven't ever put a magnet to it

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I have an oem sig hood for mine. Keeps it protected. Minimal bulk added and same for weight. It's either thin steel or aluminum. I haven't ever put a magnet to it
    Yep, the one I got comes with it. Might be too much weight for the 22 slide might have to drill some holes through it to lighten. The top of the slide would be ok. Hate to drill on a brand new weapon though. Just goes to show how much whip the 9mm's etc must have built in. They could benefit from a stouter spring I'd guess.?

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I have the 3 and it's great. 6's to me seem huge. For the money tho the Zero is hard to beat. It's also all plastic, at least mine is. So when you step in and out of this heat it don't stay cold and get sweaty like other optics I have does. Since it's plastic it changes temperature super fast and don't fog as bad. If you want to go with a big dot yet stay precise, check the Trijicon dual illuminated RMR. it uses a huge triangle and you aim with its tip. So it's the best of both worlds. It just isn't very bright at night tho. Or at least mine isn't because I got it used and it may be old. I think it shares the same footprint tho. Be prepared to fork out a ton tho for that rascal. They're making some now with the ACSS reticle tho, at least with larger models I know of. Not sure about pistol sized red dots yet tho. I'd check tho. You aim with they're tip also, so you can use a larger chevron that's highly visible yet stay precise. But yeah I like the Lil 3 MOA just fine

I'd like one of the ones with the death donut but your right big $$$ also big weight. Yep the zero is poly. Your right about the fogging, all optics do in here in the heat. Went out after dark to dispatch a pest. 0 vis...lesson learned. Large mag capacity comes in handy. PMR-30 with linear comp, light and FF2. ( fog fast?? 2) *** the ff2 will turn off in total darkness.
    New_gen_PMR-30_with_red_dot,_flashlight,_and_flash_reducer.jpg

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    It would be cool if you could mount it on the forward part of the pistol since that area don't reciprocate. It may hold zero better also. It would also eliminate any weight issues affecting its cycling

Top Bottom