Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Pistol Fundamentals @ ERGC 01/04/2020

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

DeadlyThreatDefense

Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Deadly Threat Defense LLC presents Pistol Fundamentals at Escambia River Gun Club on Saturday, January 4th, 2020 from 08:00 A.M. until approximately 16:00 P.M.

This is a basic to intermediate level skills 1 day pistol course with a heavy emphasis on efficient weapon manipulations and marksmanship, at distances from contact to 25+ meters.

Full Course Description below:

Prerequisites:
All students must have some basic knowledge of safe firearms handling and be physically and mentally capable of doing so. This course meets and exceeds the training requirements to obtain a Florida Concealed Weapon License.

Equipment Recommendations:
Reliable full size semi-automatic pistol in 9mm, capable of holding a minimum of 8-10 rounds per magazine. Double stack preferred. Bring a spare pistol if you have one, and supporting equipment.

Holster; rigid, belt mounted outside the waistband on the strong side.

Minimum of three magazines; bring more if you got them.

Minimum of one magazine pouch; rigid, belt mounted outside the waistband on the support side.

Sturdy belt, and outdoor range appropriate clothing, including closed-toe footwear.

500 rounds of target practice ammunition.

Hearing and wrap-around eye protection.

Other Recommended Equipment:
Hat with brim, sunscreen, and insect repellant.

Cooler with cold water, snacks, and a pre-prepared lunch.

Portable camp chair, table, and shade canopy.

Cleaning gear, tools, spare parts, and batteries.

Rain gear and kneepads.

Course Length: 1 day, 8 hours, 0800 until 1600 hours.

Course Tuition: $100

Course Topics:
Applied Firearms Safety
Equipment selection and setup
Unloading, loading, and press checks
Cycle of Operation and function checks
Drawing and holstering
Check, scan, and assess
The Seven Fundamentals of Marksmanship
Reloads and Malfunctions
Targeting and Transitions
Retention shooting and Use of Cover
Support side, Strong side only, and Weak side only shooting
Discretionary shooting and movement.

Deadly Threat Defense LLC
Firearms Training near Pensacola, FL

Last edited:

RussSurfs

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I am taking this class with my two adult sons. I’m looking forward to learning as much from this as I did from the carbine class.

DeadlyThreatDefense

Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I am taking this class with my two adult sons. I’m looking forward to learning as much from this as I did from the carbine class.
Looking forward to it. I’ll confirm headcounts and send out info in the next couple days. Didn’t you say you had a 4th interested as well?

bpreston

Reaction score
Haven’t seen you in a while Russ! I’ll be there as well Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeadlyThreatDefense

Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Class is FULL! Just sent out an email to those confirmed as attending. Looking forward to it!

I’ll announce a few more dates in the next week.

cablechris

Reaction score
GREAT class today! This class was well worth the $100 spent. Starts out basic and by the end of the day you challenged! Charles does an amazing job of explaining/teaching the skills for each drill.

Thanks for offering this class for such an affordable price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidsoncoffee

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious if 9mm requirement is a deal breaker. I've got a .40 beretta I keep as my go to home protection pistol when my PCC isn't nearby. I've spent a good bit of time and ammo training with it and would like to get better.

DeadlyThreatDefense

Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious if 9mm requirement is a deal breaker. I've got a .40 beretta I keep as my go to home protection pistol when my PCC isn't nearby. I've spent a good bit of time and ammo training with it and would like to get better.
No, 9mm is just a recommendation because that’s all I have dummy rounds for.

ETA: I’d recommend buying at least 10 dummy rounds from here: https://www.stactionpro.com/action-trainer-dummy-rounds-c-1.html?zenid=aalkvpobet239born2olggrfl7
With the prevalence of 9mm, it don’t make business sense at this time for me to buy dummy rounds in every caliber.

Last edited:

bmixs10

Reaction score
This course was outstanding. It is great for novice and intermediate shooters. I think even the experts could learn something new. The class qualifies for concealed carry permit training and has a lot of value. Anyone who carries or wants to carry and has not had any formal training should consider taking this course.

Besides, how can shooting 500+ rounds with a great instructor not be fun? Great job, Charles!

RussSurfs

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I brought my two 30+ year olds to the class. I was a little nervous because they didn’t have a lot of firearms experience. By the end of the class they were so much more comfortable and had learned a ton. They want to get their CCW permits. I feel much better about them being able to safely handle a gun. All three of us came away with a lot of things to practice. Charles is a great instructor that knows how to challenge students at all levels. I thought it was a great value for all of us.35D5EBC7-4978-4065-ACFB-4ACE9A23B6C0.jpg

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar