Patriot Mobile

Picked up a G40 MOS gen 4, education required.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    It only came with the cover plate and backstrap. What other backstraps are available?? Also what plates are needed to use an optic?. Planning on adding an optic and using for hunting. Deer, hogs.
    My first gen 4. Mag release swap over?
    Does have an awesome ZEV trigger, don't know what model trigger.
    Also, what optic? Shake awake preferred.Tks
    20230211_165200.jpg

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just got my first "Green Dot", a Viridian RFX 35, set up on my 5926 (pics below). I wanted an SRO... still do, actually... but I'm always wondering what I can get for less money, mainly out of necessity.

Long term, who knows (7 year warranty), but the large, almost full-circle window with just a small flat on the bottom makes it much easier to acquire the dot (I find that if I don't see it immediately, it's a little high, and need to tip the muzzle down), and this lets me get the feel for an optic on a pistol (I like it), lets me see what dot size I need (the 3 MOA it has is fine for self-defense distances; for hunting @ 50-100 yds, I think you'd want smaller), shake-awake or manual operation, two NV settings (supposedly), RMR footprint, includes picatinny adapter, all for nearly 1/3 the price of an SRO ($190 from Viridian through Amazon, though they've since jumped back up to $249), an SRO which I still would buy if I win the lottery : )

The Viridian does require a 1/16" hex key to adjust (no clicks, just infinite adjustment), of which I got fifty for $5 on Amazon as well. Also, it does have to be removed from the mount for battery replacement.

P.S., as far as the Glock goes, never owned one, despite having taken the Glock Armorer and Safety and Maintenance Technician courses back in the early '90s, so I can't help there : )

Attachments

• DSC09306web.jpg
      DSC09306web.jpg
      509.1 KB · Views: 52
    • DSC09302web.jpg
      DSC09302web.jpg
      471.1 KB · Views: 49
    • DSC09318web.jpg
      DSC09318web.jpg
      351.4 KB · Views: 59
    • DSC09323web.jpg
      DSC09323web.jpg
      230.4 KB · Views: 56
    Last edited:

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This is the plate package that comes with the MOS pistols.

• Plate 00 – This is the base cover for when no red dot optic is mounted.
    • Plate 01 – Fits EOTech, Docter, Insight, and Meopta optics.
    • Plate 02 – Fits Trijicon RMR.
    • Plate 03 – Fits C-More.
    • Plate 04 – Fits Leupold Deltapoint.

If you research the plate performance, you will read about RDS's flying off pistols and how bad the factory plates are. My personal experiences with the G40, G41, and G34 MOS pistols and factory plates have no mirrored the internet stories BUT that's because I sourced aftermarket screws and did not use the factory screws which are shorter.

I bought a SS screw set for mounting the DPP, "Leupold Deltapoint Pro Steel & S/S screws / TORX Kit for GLOCK MOS", from EBay seller xcontrols for just under $12.00 shipped, so far, no issues.

Fng1911

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks!
    What do yall think about these??
    View attachment 210083
    That is for a gun similar to 43x mos, 407c/507 is more of size I would recommend. You have swampfox, DPP, and Romeo 1 pro.
    I get a decent discount on swampfox if you want to go that route. Holosun 407c might be the best bang for the buck

Fng1911

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    For $300 I'd go with a used DPP. They pop up on ARFCOM at that price.
    I have DPP, Romeo 1 pro, Romeo 1, RMR v2, holosun 507c, swampfox Justice, and each one has its ups and downs. DPP big window poor control features, Romeo 1pro a little smaller than DPP but a really decent size window decent controls, RMR and Holosun bulletproof decent controls similar window size and much smaller than DPP& Romeo 1pro, swampfox about same window as holosun just not as durable. zero experience with vortex but they have one, Burris fastfire 2, very small,

I know this doesn’t help lol, get ‘‘em all

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Looks like I need to seek out some parts. For the price I got it for no complaints. Could not pass it up. Been lusting after one since getting my g20. Already looking forward to deer season next year. Not sure if the gen3 9 inch barrel will work on it and swapping the mag release will require more reading.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I use CHPWS plate for most applications. Forward Controls Design also does plates. As far as dots, Holosun 509t is my go to but the 507c or an RMR, possibly a Delta Point Pro? Zev triggers are legit but no telling which one it is without checking to see if striker or disconnector is also Zev... nice score J!

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Leupold makes some fine hunting optics but no way I'd get a DPP over a Holosun 507K/C or other modern Holosun. I hate Chicom like the rest but Holosun has been owning Leupold / Trijicon and the others when it comes to pistol mounted optics.

I have several 507, 509, an EPS Carry and they have been reliable for a number of years (all carried, the EPS Carry being the newest).

I prefer a dedicated optic cut to the MOS pattern but aftermarket plates are good for the MOS. The OEM Glock plates are known to be of questionable build quality / screws / etc.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks!
    What do yall think about these??
    View attachment 210083
    The biggest advantage I see with the multiple-element reticles is that it would be almost impossible to bring the pistol up and not have a reference as to where your dot is, i.e., you can be way off-line and still see part of the 32 MOA circle, which will instantly tell you where the dot is hiding.

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I "think" I'd like one with clicks adjustable and a bullseye type.
    I think clicks can be helpful, not only for gauging how far you're moving, but also for retaining the setting. But with infinite adjustment, you can usually tweak less than a "click" if you're careful (e.g., holding the long end of a hex key and moving like 1/100th of a turn), in the event you need to move just that little bit.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Then there are the enclosed emitter types (link below), which supposedly have the advantage where dirt and moisture are concerned, but I'm not so convinced. The glass can still fog on the outside (and hopefully not on the inside!), and can still get dirty, and the solution would be the same as with an open emitter: wiping off or blowing out, or maybe in an emergency just popping off a round to throw the dirt or moisture off : )

I've never hunted hogs, so I don't know how you guys do it, but I could picture someone laying prone in tall grass waiting for the hogs to come over, then trying to take the shot only to have a brown recluse blocking the emitter : )

https://www.steiner-optics.com/battle-sights/mps

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Leupold makes some fine hunting optics but no way I'd get a DPP over a Holosun 507K/C or other modern Holosun. I hate Chicom like the rest but Holosun has been owning Leupold / Trijicon and the others when it comes to pistol mounted optics.

I have several 507, 509, an EPS Carry and they have been reliable for a number of years (all carried, the EPS Carry being the newest).

I prefer a dedicated optic cut to the MOS pattern but aftermarket plates are good for the MOS. The OEM Glock plates are known to be of questionable build quality / screws / etc.

I know very little about RDS's for pistols, what's the technical negatives on the DPP?

Large window? Weight? Single control? For my use as an aiming solution for strictly hunting those concerns are a wash.

I used aftermarket screws with the factory plate and so far with quite a few rounds of "full-power" 10mm and several hundred rounds with the 9mm no issues. My G41 MOS only has about 50-75 rounds but so far no problems.

Is there something else in the technology that matters?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom