• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highcard45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was scrolling through gun broker the other day recently and came across this Persian mauser for sale. I was surprised at the price that it went for. $1500 with spirited bidding from several folks. I have one, and what caught my eye originally was this one for sale on gun broker looks almost identical to mine. Stock color and condition, overall mental condition, etc.

I have not shot mine for a while, but it was an excellent shooter, especially with my reloads. I need to break it out and see how she does again soon. The Persian mauser‘s have always enjoyed an outstanding reputation for their accuracy. And if you read up the history on those rifles it’s quite interesting also.

Attachments

• AD457D04-9FA9-4043-ADA1-8CF5AFAF9D18.png
      AD457D04-9FA9-4043-ADA1-8CF5AFAF9D18.png
      710.6 KB · Views: 137

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Wow, yeah I didnt pay anywhere near a third that for my Persian

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Many years ago I did want one, but I never purchased one. They were always considered a desirable mauser.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To be fair the rifle did have the Bayonet, thats part of it.. And it is gobsmacking mint. Also the seller went the extra mile for a good photo shoot of the rifle.. But that is high.. Persian Mausers have one of the coolest most gorgeous crests out there. Maybe the 2nd best Mauser crest made.

Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have one of these. Got it from a distant relative. I've shot it once in maybe 8 years but it was surprisingly accurate.
    My aunt and uncle had an exchange student from that area who interpreted all the writing and marks on it, but I can't for the life of me find the paper.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Iran and Persia are one and the same. Funny how "Iran" is Persian for "Aryan" and they were all about being on Hiltler' band wagon, yet after WW2 they didn't change their name back to "Persia". So much for pride in a 2,000+ year old empire. As his Riech collapsed, was Hitler jealous that the Persians actually had an empire that stretched for millennium and he didn't? What in the world would have ever possessed the freaking Persian Empire to bow to a nut job evil crack addict like Hitler?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210323-035646_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210323-035646_Chrome.jpg
      242.3 KB · Views: 85
    Last edited:

makats

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Iran and Persia are one and the same. Funny how "Iran" is Persian for "Aryan" and they were all about being on Hiltler' band wagon, yet after WW2 they didn't change their name back to "Persia". So much for pride in a 1,000+ year old empire. As his Riech collapsed, was Hitler jealous that the Persians actually had a empire that stretched for millennium and he didn't? What in the world would have ever possessed the freaking Persian Empire to bow to a nut job evil genius like Hitler
    Probably the same thing that possessed the "roman empire"...

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apparently Hitler copied Persia first, and then Persia thought it was a good idea
    Screenshot_20210323-035233_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210323-035214_Chrome.jpg

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Iran and Persia are one and the same. Funny how "Iran" is Persian for "Aryan" and they were all about being on Hiltler' band wagon, yet after WW2 they didn't change their name back to "Persia". So much for pride in a 2,000+ year old empire. As his Riech collapsed, was Hitler jealous that the Persians actually had an empire that stretched for millennium and he didn't? What in the world would have ever possessed the freaking Persian Empire to bow to a nut job evil crack addict like Hitler?
    And what would ever possess a 245-ish year old experimental democratically run republic to ever think it could push around a 2,000+ year old empire and blow them up and tell them our way is better than their way?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And what would ever possess a 245-ish year old experimental democratically run republic to ever think it could push around a 2,000+ year old empire and blow them up and tell them our way is better than their way?
    Persia is complicated and the most important thing is that Persia is a culture that has lasted continually for more than 2,500 hundred years. True Alexander did conquer them and the muslims did too and the Mongols were in the mix, but it is still Persia.
    The germans about the time they started selling mausers to the turks became influential in the region as an alternative to the other western imperialist powers like England. Not just the Persians, but also many Arabs were close to the Nazis in WWII.

Mooah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have one of these. Got it from a distant relative. I've shot it once in maybe 8 years but it was surprisingly accurate.
    My aunt and uncle had an exchange student from that area who interpreted all the writing and marks on it, but I can't for the life of me find the paper.
    I can interpret it for you just send me a pic of the writing or post it here

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nice rifle...I didn’t think they cost that much now, but truth be said we are in historic crazy high prices for a few reasons. On the Iran/Persia thing....Iranians now (current government) demand to be treated as a equal to western nations, but the world sees them for what they are, a third world nation with oil which does give them some $$$ every now and then to push their agenda (hezbollah, houthies, etc) against the west. You want to piss off a Iranian...? Call him a Arab. They can’t stand it, but will quickly tell you they are Persian. My guess form all the reading I’ve done is that they are proud of the Persian history and the fact that at one point in time they were the dominant empire of the world, damn you Alexander the Great...!!! (hahaha). While they were very western like during the time of the Shaw, their revolution and bringing the Ayatollah doomed them to a theocratic state. If you have ever seen the 1 hr show of Anthony Bordain watch the one where he visits Iran, really good as he interviews and deals with the average Iran type guy while there. It seems the average Iranian likes us, just not our government as they see our government as holding them back from a a greater world stage and that our embargo’s exasperate their suffering imho...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice rifle...I didn’t think they cost that much now, but truth be said we are in historic crazy high prices for a few reasons. On the Iran/Persia thing....Iranians now (current government) demand to be treated as a equal to western nations, but the world sees them for what they are, a third world nation with oil which does give them some $$$ every now and then to push their agenda (hezbollah, houthies, etc) against the west. You want to piss off a Iranian...? Call him a Arab. They can’t stand it, but will quickly tell you they are Persian. My guess form all the reading I’ve done is that they are proud of the Persian history and the fact that at one point in time they were the dominant empire of the world, damn you Alexander the Great...!!! (hahaha). While they were very western like during the time of the Shaw, their revolution and bringing the Ayatollah doomed them to a theocratic state. If you have ever seen the 1 hr show of Anthony Bordain watch the one where he visits Iran, really good as he interviews and deals with the average Iran type guy while there. It seems the average Iranian likes us, just not our government as they see our government as holding them back from a a greater world stage and that our embargo’s exasperate their suffering imho...
    Some of the very bad feelings that some Iranians have towards to the west and USA have to do with the coup that put the Shah into power.
    Wiki The 1953 Iranian coup d'état, known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup d'état (Persian: کودتای ۲۸ مرداد‎), was the overthrow of the democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh in favour of strengthening the monarchical rule of the Shah, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi on 19 August 1953.[5] It was orchestrated by the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project[6] or "Operation Ajax") and the United Kingdom (under the name "Operation Boot").[7][8][9][10] The clergy also played a considerable role.[11]

Mosaddegh had sought to audit the documents of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC), a British corporation (now part of BP) and to limit the company's control over Iranian oil reserves.[12] Upon the AIOC's refusal to co-operate with the Iranian government, the parliament (Majlis) voted to nationalize Iran's oil industry and to expel foreign corporate representatives from the country.[13][14][15] After this vote, Britain instigated a worldwide boycott of Iranian oil to pressure Iran economically.[16] Initially, Britain mobilized its military to seize control of the British-built Abadan oil refinery, then the world's largest, but Prime Minister Clement Attlee opted instead to tighten the economic boycott[17] while using Iranian agents to undermine Mosaddegh's government.[18]:3 Judging Mosaddegh to be unreliable and fearing a Communist takeover in Iran, UK prime minister Winston Churchill and the Eisenhower administration decided to overthrow Iran's government, though the preceding Truman administration had opposed a coup, fearing the precedent that Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) involvement would set.[18]:3 British intelligence officials' conclusions and the UK government's solicitations were instrumental in initiating and planning the coup, despite the fact that the U.S. government in 1952 had been considering unilateral action (without UK support) to assist the Mosaddegh government.[19][20][21]

Top Bottom