HD Tactical

People recently have been buying a lot of guns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People recently have been buying a lot of guns.

Compare the last four months of 2020 for the same months in previous years.
    1591418710203.png

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The cops will openly tell you that they WILL NOT protect you.
    The cops will openly tell you that it is not their DUTY to protect you.
    The higher courts have ruled that the cops have no duty to protect you.
    I,sure as fork,ain't gonna protect you.
    Soooooooo. . ????? --- SAWMAN

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not sure the source "pool", but it's worth remembering that some anti-2A states like Kommifornia require a NICS check for ammo and other ridiculousness.

I have no idea how a NICS data timeline is skewed from purely firearm sales to now include ammo, mags, triggers, kneepads, KY, etc in such places.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure the source "pool", but it's worth remembering that some anti-2A states like Kommifornia require a NICS check for ammo and other ridiculousness.

I have no idea how a NICS data timeline is skewed from purely firearm sales to now include ammo, mags, triggers, kneepads, KY, etc in such places.
    While every NICS check does not indicate a firearms sales, the skewing is likely always the same. Also some people will buy more than one gun. While not common for me, I have on occasion purchased 2 or more. Local dealers said pistol sales were driving, often to first time gun owners.
    I only have to go online and what is not in stock. the public is buying guns and gun related items.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    if and when this blows over, there may be some good deals to be had.... think about it... ;) (Dem/Lib -- OMG why did I buy that evil thing....)
    Yes, optimism is good to have. I hope it does blow over, but I wonder. Remember we have the elections and likely more riots on the horizon.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Other riots like the 92 LA riot were localized for the most part. In turn, there wasn't wide spread fear throughout the U.S.. Gun purchases didn't go crazy every where and anti-gun asshats retained their beliefs and two years later the Fed AWB Passed. Todays environment is vastly different. Even though the far left/dems contribute to the unrest, they now understand it can be at their front door or at their car door! That epiphany (for them), is driving their new ownership. It doesn't mean they support the 2A across the board. It does mean they understand the need for a firearm and have probably been exposed to the lies gun grabbers have told for decades about the ease of acquiring a gun. Don't expect 2A political support, they will likely only care about their rice bowl which has been filled: a similar mentality to some hunters that only care about their bolt action and shotguns.

Last edited:

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    10 million checks in the last 3 mos, lots of newbies with no training at all scares me!
    It is scary. The best thing the gun community can do at this point, is to try and educate new gun owners. We should be welcoming them now that they see through their MSM bullshit and have seen where they truly need firearms. I'm on another forum and doing my best to educate and recommend basic firearm safety courses as well as intermediate handling and shooting courses to those that have already taken the first step and gotten safety ones. Now is a fantastic time to introduce them to our world, maybe change some minds, and in turn change some votes that will only help us in the long run. I say embrace them. Don't turn them away like a fudd would at a gun store. EVERY single one of my friend group that is scared of guns, I've offered to give them one on one range time and instruction. I've had several take me up on this offer, and now they're gun lovers and voting that way as well. Lets make some lemonade instead of souring on the fact that they're new, and untrained. My friend group has been messaging me for the past 2 months asking firearms related questions now that they need one. I don't get political with them. I recommend to them what might be their best options in their current situations. I ensure they have the means to safely lock away a firearm, especially if there are children in the home. Hell, I lost a damn good brinks lock to a buddy just so he could lock his gun away from the kids in the house until he gets the proper gun safe. If any of you come across a newbie and don't want to take the time to educate them, or get to the range with them, please send them my way. I'm not doing anything at the moment and would love to help. Information, education, training, and just keeping it cordial with them and not including anything like politics that could sway their decision will absolutely make us many more allies than enemies. /end rant

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    We would all be smart to start sticking away some "buy money". X amount per month. Then in a year or two,when all these guns get dumped on the market it will be good deals for us all.
    Most of these panic buyers are the ones that feel that Biden knew what he was talking about when he told the world to just step out on the back porch and fire a couple blasts into the air from that double. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We would all be smart to start sticking away some "buy money". X amount per month. Then in a year or two,when all these guns get dumped on the market it will be good deals for us all.
    Most of these panic buyers are the ones that feel that Biden knew what he was talking about when he told the world to just step out on the back porch and fire a couple blasts into the air from that double. --- SAWMAN
    I am not really looking to buy guns just because I can unless it is something that I always wanted. If anything I need to sell a lot of what I have since I am not using them. Somehow I do not think I will be finding a chrome plated model 25 remingtom carbine in 25-20 being sold by a panic buyer. The one I saw in 1961 in montana I have always wanted. It was said to have been used successfully for moose hunting even in that tiny caliber.
    The more common rifle model below
    1591625006432.png

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    25-20 WCF for moose huh. Back in those days people shot whatever gun they had and whatever the ammo that they could afford.
    Even back in my younger days,I gained access to huntable property because the owner had neither the time to hunt or the money to buy ammo.
    I killed tons of crows,coyotes,and woodchucks simply because I had both the time,and money,to hunt them. I also got access to property because I would supply the farmer/land owner with venison,grouse,and doves.
    The good old days !! --- SAWMAN

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No Joke You can't even find Glocks in stock anywhere online.

Top Bottom