GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Get out of jail insurance? Lol

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ^^^ I will ^^^ They ain't learning shit popping a round in a can. And All Shit aside, they'll learn more and feel better about handling a firearm if they were trained by jj (Oneshot). He puts in a helluva lot more hands on and when you leave, you know you got your money's worth and will know what to do if you are ever in a position to use DF. js

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    This is my second time getting a CWL for Florida - I got one in the early 2000’s and I moved away after one renewal.. It expires when I was living out of state.

My other class was much better - but still only fired a single shot from a revolver.

These classes are a mere formality and do not give one much information.

Most people forget what they learned before they get the license.

I don’t like limiting one’s rights - so the simpler the better.

That said - I would not hang out with most of the people in the class if I knew they were armed - I would be afraid they would do something stupid.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    If you still had a certificate from your last class you took then you could have used that to get the license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There isn't a time limit on the certificate? My girlfriend took the class 3 years ago and/was scared/worried about carrying, but she has come around and shot a few of mine and feels like she's ready to keep one in her purse.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    You can use a certificate from a class no matter how long ago, plus you can use your DD214 or Hunter Safety Class certificate. Those work also.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If you still had a certificate from your last class you took then you could have used that to get the license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That is long gone! Mailed into the state. I probably have a scan on my old desktop - but it is not worth the trouble to try to dig up.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I've heard that some are concerned with carrying concealed while wearing a mask. Florida Statute 876.155 covers that. The key word is "intent." Look it up.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Folks have become aware of the times we are living in , liberals have figured out the police won’t be there in time to save them, and that taking pictures with your cellphone won’t prevent you from getting beat down. I find it worrisome that so many non gun folks are walking around carrying a gun, with little to no training or any practical experience with firearms.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used hunter certificate to get my florida CCW
    Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency of another state;

By the way no one in a one day or two day CCW course will learn too much in the way of self defense shooting. Trying to instruct someone that has never used a gun of any sort taught me more that I was able to instruct. In the past some years ago I helped out as an instructor during the shooting portion of the ERGC CCW course. After the class room part, they take the class to the range and assign two students to one instructor (I use to have that NRA instructors permit) and helped them learn to hit a target with .22 ruger auto pistol and then sign using my ID number from my instructors certificate.

I would never offer a CCW course on my own without a discussion with a lawyer and insurance agent first.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Folks have become aware of the times we are living in , liberals have figured out the police won’t be there in time to save them, and that taking pictures with your cellphone won’t prevent you from getting beat down. I find it worrisome that so many non gun folks are walking around carrying a gun, with little to no training or any practical experience with firearms.
    Biggest issue is carrying the gun safely. That topic is something that many CCW courses do not teach.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Biggest . . . NO !!
    Resolve . . . YES !!
    "You gonna pull them pistols,or whistle dixie ?????" (Guess i'm just lucky.) --- SAWMAN

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Was told by the Dept. Of Aug. that if they is a Exp. date put of the Cert. it is then not good after that date but if no Exp, date it is good for every like your dd214 has no exp, date, hunter safety has no exp. date. and so on. that is why I don't put a exp. date only the date on the class. Just my 5 cents.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure if this class is still offered, but, several years ago my wife attended a concealed weapons class at the Pensacola Police Dept. The 3-4 hr. class is (was?) taught by a qualified officer/ instructor. The only charge was $10.00. This charge was for the use of the LEO range out behind the county dump off Beulah Rd. The range date was the Saturday after the class. She was impressed.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I'm not sure if this class is still offered, but, several years ago my wife attended a concealed weapons class at the Pensacola Police Dept. The 3-4 hr. class is (was?) taught by a qualified officer/ instructor. The only charge was $10.00. This charge was for the use of the LEO range out behind the county dump off Beulah Rd. The range date was the Saturday after the class. She was impressed.

Many, many years ago that's where I took my class. Not sure if they still do though.

Top Bottom