• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 9mm hellcat is offered by sprinfield armory and comes with a properly setup co-witness optic.
    https://www.springfield-armory.com/hellcat-features/

Went over to warrior talk to see their thoughts on it since they have been pioneers in this field and of course less positive things to say about it. Like the gun and the optic were not reliable. By the way they do sell custom guns on the G43 so their answer may not be objective.
    I wonder what the thoughts are of any here that might know something about this gun are. I always like to consider different points of view.

Featuring a patented magazine with best in class capacity of 11+1 and 13+1 with included extended magazine, the Hellcat is designed specifically for every day carry with Adaptive Grip Texture™ and high visibility sights. Also available in an optics ready OSP™ configuration, the Hellcat gives you The Capacity to Defend.
    The Hellcat is the highest capacity micro-compact 9mm in the world. The 3"-barreled pistol measures a mere 1" wide and weighs just 18.3 oz. empty yet features a class-leading capacity of 11 rounds with flush-fitting magazine. Its extended magazine bumps up the round count to 13.

capacity.png

intro-pistol.png

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Did they offer any data to support the claims of poor reliability? That's a pretty bold statement to blanket a new firearm. Unless we use the trend of most new firearms sucking until the user community finishes R&D for the manufacturer (my humble opinion). Perhaps "unproven" would have been a better word because without data that's all smoke and mirrors.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did they offer any data to support the claims of poor reliability? That's a pretty bold statement to blanket a new firearm. Unless we use the trend of most new firearms sucking until the user community finishes R&D for the manufacturer (my humble opinion). Perhaps "unproven" would have been a better word because without data that's all smoke and mirrors.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

On the optic they did since they have rejected it use after trying it out or at least they so said. On the gun reliability there was nothing first hand that was offered, but I was asking if others know differently. The glocks are pretty solid guns, but this hellcat did catch my attention.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's little doubt the Hellcat is Springfields attempt to draw market share from the G43 and Sig P365. Mfgs compare their "advantages" but don't want you to notice the creeping size increase. Their touting a new type mag spring as helping to add capacity, don't know if it's at or shorter hight than the competition. There are taller iron sights for single hand racking the slide and then there's the optic version, both impact that hight measurement or are functional tradeoffs.

Guns America has a Review on it. Gotta say GA posts an abnormally high amount of Springfield Armory articles, like 4 to 1 compared to other manufactures firearms. That's bad enough, but if you commented constructive criticism about it GA Blocked the Post. It use to be heavy on Henry Rifles, guess funding sources shifted.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's little doubt the Hellcat is Springfields attempt to draw market share from the G43 and Sig P365. Mfgs compare their "advantages" but don't want you to notice the creeping size increase. Their touting a new type mag spring as helping to add capacity, don't know if it's at or shorter hight than the competition. There are taller iron sights for single hand racking the slide and then there's the optic version, both impact that hight measurement or are functional tradeoffs.

Guns America has a Review on it. Gotta say GA posts an abnormally high amount of Springfield Armory articles, like 4 to 1 compared to other manufactures firearms. That's bad enough, but if you commented constructive criticism about it GA Blocked the Post. It use to be heavy on Henry Rifles, guess funding sources shifted.
    Could be a difference in the quality of the hookers and restaurant meals.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I'm not saying Springfield is the best im just saying they fit my hands really well in double stack versions. Xds is horrible though.
    The hellcat looks ugly......now if it's in your pocket or hidden on your body it don't matter if it goes bang.
    That said I have a p365 and probably won't jump at the hellcat unless it's thinner and lighter which I believe it isn't

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    seen 1 to many XD, or XDMs crap out in classes that required more than a few hundred rounds fired. i loved my first real carry, an XD 9 subcompact. was super reliable and durable for its intended job. they just don't seem to be durable as a service weapon or high volume shooter. hope the hellcat fairs better, but i'll pass.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    seen 1 to many XD, or XDMs crap out in classes that required more than a few hundred rounds fired. i loved my first real carry, an XD 9 subcompact. was super reliable and durable for its intended job. they just don't seem to be durable as a service weapon or high volume shooter. hope the hellcat fairs better, but i'll pass.
    This is what I am looking for and there is nothing like a high round training session to get an idea how durable a gun is.
    currently I am really sold on 3rd generation G17 and 19 that were designed as service and police guns.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    S&W just released the M&P 2.0 Subcompact (12+1) and Canik just released the Elite SC Subcompact (12+1). You can add them to the Hellcat comparison. Lol. All this competition might hold prices down.

Wasn't it just a few years ago "Thin was in"? Not they're getting chubby and stubby again. As always: capacity beats a reload every time. Glad I'm not a fashion bug.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    The canik mentioned is cheaper than all of them. I've found it online as cheap as $380, but it's unloaded weight is very heavy at almost 25oz. A p365 is just over 17oz......

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How many ounces does it take to tip a person over? Lol -Just kidding. Size is important but I never thought CC gun weight was a big factor. Weight helps mitigate recoil. If a person is hanging/sagging the gun on gym shorts or pajamas without proper support, that's not the guns fault. The exception being ankle holster (ugh) where the gun is acting as a weight on a pendulum. This isn't an endorsement on the Canik, I never used one.

Direwolf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are several reviews on utube for the hellcat demonstrating that ANY amount of side pressure on the trigger renders it unable to fire.

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I shoot my Hellcat about every other week ,100 rounds and never have had a problem. I'm not a big fan of the SA triggers, they always feel like they are gonna break but they keep on firing. I think its just the way they are built. You can't go wrong with 13 rounds in a subcompact, its a good feeling. those little guns wear the side of your finger out though after awhile at the range. I had the SA XDs for a carry but switched to Hellcat for the 13 round capacity and slightly larger grip.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FWIW: Link is a vid on a preceived Hellcat trigger issue, might be others. Bear with it, he compares it to other Springfield products that don't have the "issue".
    I don't have a dog in this fight. Lol

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Shobbles

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How many ounces does it take to tip a person over? Lol -Just kidding. Size is important but I never thought CC gun weight was a big factor. Weight helps mitigate recoil. If a person is hanging/sagging the gun on gym shorts or pajamas without proper support, that's not the guns fault. The exception being ankle holster (ugh) where the gun is acting as a weight on a pendulum. This isn't an endorsement on the Canik, I never used one.
    I had a p224 that I intended to cary. 29oz double stack 40. About same dimensions as it’s competitors... p2000sk, glock 26/27, etc. read a lot about people carrying it. Felt like a cinderblock wedged in my belt. Even these micro single stacks are not too comfortable to me.

Top Bottom