• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So with my score of reloading equipment, there are a lot of older projectiles. Some like .30 caliber and .270 hunting loads have the exposed lead soft points and they have started to corrode and show white stuff on the exposed lead. Are these still usable or should they be discarded. Can they be cleaned up for use? I'm new to all this. I don't want to throw away perfectly good projectiles if they can be used. But I don't want to use them if they should not be etc...

Pictures attached for reference.
    IMG_20200402_130004963.jpg
    IMG_20200402_130009332 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200402_130009332.jpg

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just my $.02 but yes, put about 100 of the rifle bullets in your viberator case cleaner, run for 1 hr. check, and run again till the brass part is like you want it to be. The 357's don't look that bad and cleaning the wall nut media out of that massive HP might be a pita, try a few with the rifle bullets and see.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just my $.02 but yes, put about 100 of the rifle bullets in your viberator case cleaner, run for 1 hr. check, and run again till the brass part is like you want it to be. The 357's don't look that bad and cleaning the wall nut media out of that massive HP might be a pita, try a few with the rifle bullets and see.

The one thing that I didn't get in all this was a tumbler/cleaner. So I just ordered this:

I'm going full reloading nut now!

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    you can safely shoot them with little or no issue at all but I personally wouldn't use them for my hunting load....great plinking & shooting components but I'm very particular about what I will hunt with...

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It's your Bbl. and if you only shoot no more that 20 (+-) times a year, your rifles will probably hold minute of deer for a long time

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok got a Frankford Arsenal Platinum series wet tumbler with stainless media!

Already done a ton of brass. But just did some very old projectiles and man they look brand spanking new now.
    7ade46b7e28bfe09863f81fe146c1f06.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    IMG_20200407_150731230.jpg

Last edited:

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Hope you got the FA magnet to help pick the little pins, and don't get frustrated when you see a few of the little pins on the floor / deck where you empty the container

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hope you got the FA magnet to help pick the little pins, and don't get frustrated when you see a few of the little pins on the floor / deck where you empty the container

My tendencies to be neat are already driving me mad with the SS media. I have a couple of magnets and they work great. I even have a few rare earth cubes that will suck them bastards fro the other side of the room. Now getting them all off the magnet is another question. I have emptied the drum into a bucket and threw in the magnets to catch what escaped through the colander etc... Works wonders. Like I said getting them off the dang magnet is another story.

And the pins love to stick in the 45-70 casings and their flash holes! Had to look into each of 100+ casings to get out pins from 20% of them.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My tendencies to be neat are already driving me mad with the SS media. I have a couple of magnets and they work great. I even have a few rare earth cubes that will suck them bastards fro the other side of the room. Now getting them all off the magnet is another question. I have emptied the drum into a bucket and threw in the magnets to catch what escaped through the colander etc... Works wonders. Like I said getting them off the dang magnet is another story.

And the pins love to stick in the 45-70 casings and their flash holes! Had to look into each of 100+ casings to get out pins from 20% of them.
    Can one load those pins into a shotcup?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can load a ton of crap in a shot cup. Your barrel may not like it much though.
    At least it will be shiny afterwards. that assumes that the shotcup does not protect the surface of the barrel. I would love to polish some moccasin heads lol.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wrap your magnet in a shop rag, it’ll make getting the pins off it a lot easier.
    That is a dang good idea. These one inch cube rare earth magnets suck iron from China.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Try a paste baggier also it will better then a rag. This woks also to remove metal filing from around your vise or any thing you don't want to use a vacuum on. are to pick up small nails or screws. Just my 5 cents

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Try a paste baggier also it will better then a rag. This woks also to remove metal filing from around your vise or any thing you don't want to use a vacuum on. are to pick up small nails or screws. Just my 5 cents

Keep the suggestions coming!!! I'm keeping a mental note of all this stuff so I can act like I know what I'm doing. Haha

Top Bottom