• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    H&Ks are damn near perfect, the cost of them is only drawback as far as I’m concerned. They work in every gun I’ve tried them in. If I ever have to cut down on my magazine inventory H&K will be the ones I keep.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    my 2 cents... Lancer L5 mags. best of both worlds for me. polymer bodies, steel feed lips and reliable. C-products is a fine mag and so's Okay. Pmags are hard to beat for cost and availability.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have no experience with PMags other than the ones in my AKM or any other magazines. I've only used OEM style aluminium magazines in my AR. For no reason other than it came with one OEM style magazine and I picked up 3 more OEM style on the cheap.

So I'm following this discussion to learn more........

Last edited:

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Okay (formerly NHMTG). $10 ea from Botach. D&H are good as well, they make them for PSA, BCM, DSG Arms, and a bunch of others.

C-Products and ASC (spin off company by a member of CP) are 'alright', but personally I don't have them anymore (sold them in the Sandy Hook rush).

Magpul is my only option for polymer mags and I have some as well. Lancers are too slick and hard to seat on a closed bolt for me, so I sold the couple I traded into. And at nearly 2x the cost of a Okay / D&H / Non-windowed PMAG, the juice isn't worth the squeeze for me when it comes to Lancers of any variety.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Okay are great mags. USGI with magpul followers. The e2 have an even higher reliability rating to them.

Gen 3 pmags are also great mags. BFLV has better luck with usgi over pmag with high round counts. The biggest complaint from pmags were the lips would break / cracking would occur.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Okay are great mags. USGI with magpul followers. The e2 have an even higher reliability rating to them.

Gen 3 pmags are also great mags. BFLV has better luck with usgi over pmag with high round counts. The biggest complaint from pmags were the lips would break / cracking would occur.
    All my okay mags I currently have are yellow or light green followers. I don't think those are Magpul. I'd assume the current ones would be?

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    All my okay mags I currently have are yellow or light green followers. I don't think those are Magpul. I'd assume the current ones would be?
    Sorry I should have specified.. okay surefeed are all Magpul followers. Any of their usgi aren't. The okay surefeed e2 are also improved Magpul.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe the tan ones are the newest, that’s what they put in the brownells .

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just got a few in of their newest okay surefeed e2 and all followers are blue. I got a few of the 20 rounders, those followers are black. I have an old okay mag, it has a light green follower. I don't believe that one is a surefeed, just a usgi. It hasn't given me an issue yet out of either ARs or my AK that takes AR mags.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I haven’t seen any of those, can you post a picture?

These right here. Nothing big, they're supposed to be more reliable and the texture on it is supposed to be easier to grab.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Battlefield Las Vegas thread is what got me to get a few versus only Magpul. This was back in 2015 though. Not sure if they were using G2 or G3 pmags.

"- USGI mags have outlasted all of the other brands. We use UGSI (Brownell's with tan follower) and on a mag for mag basis, they have outlasted Pmags and a few of the other mags that we get from mfg'ers with new weapons. We don't have to worry about various generations with different weapons like the MR556, SCAR, F2000, Tavor or a couple of others that use AR15/M4 magazines."

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    What are the blue followers?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I had a bunch of metal mags that came with a few used guns I bought over the years.
    I guess I had 25 or so.
    I kept the Colt branded ones and a few of the others that were like new and sold the rest for $25 each.
    This was during the last panic.......or maybe it was the panic before. They are all starting to run together.

Top Bottom