• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I've never heard anything bad about either.
    Have both. Can't say I can tell the difference. The c products have a real nice black finish. The okays are ugly grey. Looks are of no concern.
    The c products advertise stainless construction.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If they didn’t cost so much they would be perfect, I’ve managed to acquire ten 30 Rounders and am thinking I need a few 20 round ones to go with them.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Two years ago I picked up two OKay Industries 30 round AR magazines marked "Restricted for Military/Law Enforcement" at a yard sale for $5.00 total. Haven't had any issues with either one. Then back in February of this year I picked up an Adventure Line 20 round AR magazine for $5.00. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but have read good things on them.

I've got another 30 round magazine, but can't remembered who made it. Guess I need to dig it out and figure that out. Haven't had any issues with that one either. I'm going to pick up more of the 20 round ones from the same vendor at the next gun show, I brain farted while at the gun show the other week and forgot to pick some up.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Same here SAWMAN. My "inventory list" shows that I have 7 pre '94 genuine COLT twenty round magazines with the metal followers. The finish is completely worn off of most of them, but they still work flawlessly.

I also have 7 pre '94 thirty round magazines with metal followers of different manufactures.

They should at least bring a buck or two, lol. ------- Fanner50

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just wondering . . . why would one feel that your AR will not work well enough to bet your life on without one of these mags.
    Never heard of them,never used them,don't know a single person that have ever used one of these in combat.
    Is my life incomplete ?? Checking my pulse now. --- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I’ve told by countless internet experts to buy the best you can afford . Was that advice incorrect?

:cool:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL , they don’t wear much if you don’t use them . I’ve got quite a few magazines ,a box of preban colts that I keep to give friends that live in areas that require them. A bunch of brownells and a few P mags . I’ve got two KAC rifles that don’t like pmags . They didn’t come with Pmags they came with Okays that had white KAC followers . they run well with the brownells and that’s the ones I usually use.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Nothing wrong with pmags or other brand metal mags.
    But I believe that these 2 brands are in the highest regards.
    I've got a bunch of pmags and d&h metal mags. No issues with either.

I have some je machine polymer mags. They were highly rated. Got them in a case on special. They were cheap, but probably wouldn't buy again. They are of the thinnest plastic.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I need to round up all my other than MagPul mags,except the ones that I need for my retro guns,and list them for sale.
    I got a bunch of 20's,30's,and several 10's I believe. ---- SAWMAN
    Put them in a pile and let me know. Might be able to dump them all on me.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thanks CES. I'm not too up on the MagPuls in 5.56/223, in above 20 shot, and I only have three of those.
    A simple "look-see" rds remaining seems like a good idea to me. Especially if you could see or feel at night and the indicator was 5 out of 30.
    Other than stated,I have MagPuls that I use for insertion and carry/storage in 223/5.56,6.8SPC,and 308/7.62. Most all are 5 or 10 shot. Some are permanently altered to 5 for deer.
    Your magazine choice is just that. Your choice. Just like what brand of underware to buy or what pickup to drive. Most here do not carry their mags into combat.
    My extremely old Colt mags,for my retro guns that I WOULD bet my life on,are fine for me. However . . . what I would be concerned about is going off to combat with a mag not designed and tested in the gun you are carrying.
    I have several friends that have shipped MagPuls to their sons and grandsons overseas. Oficially,it is not "allowed/authorized" . . . BUT . . . they are carried and used. The combat guys that are using them keep writing home for . . "MORE,MORE". Just like other non-mil parts for your firearms,knives,carry gear,etc.,some troops are not officially allowed . . BUT . . ??. . ---- SAWMAN

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I’ve been using HKs as primary for about 5 years now because they actually hold 30 rounds. As a bonus, they could be used as a bludgeoning tool. I understand PMags do hold 30 now as well, and they’re just fine, but they don’t drop free out of a SCAR. So I just stick with metal. FN mags are also steel and are much less than the price of HKs. CES, Lancers don’t drop for me either, you may need to try some metal mags. Anything with magpul follower should be fine. Okays are a solid choice. Brownells mags also check the boxes.

That’s all of value I can provide based on my limited experience.

Last edited:

Members online

Top Bottom