• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In the last 6 months I've been wrecked 2x while standing still! I December, while stopped on Scenic Highway at a light, I was rear-ended by a pickup truck from Seattle Wash., with no insurance and a bogus address. Guess what! The FHP let him go! POOF! Destroyed my car!
    Last Saturday, while leaving the gun show at the fair grounds and while sitting in the driveway, I was hit by a car flying down Pine Forest Road! Hit my front end and snapped off my wheel / axle assembly - totaled by USAA! My loss, again!

I need a used car, 2-3k +/-!!!! Any ideas folks!

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Makes me sick. Nothing happens to them and your insurance goes up......it's a flawed system just like welfare.

Friend of mine got hit last week. Girl run a redlight. Got out and said she was sorry she run it. I was told her boyfriend quickly told her to shut up. 2 other vehicles gave report that she indeed ran the redlight. Fhp showed up at the hospital and gave her(my friend, the innocent) a ticket for running the red light. Fhp went off the word of the other girl even though there were 2 witness. It all ends with a court date now. Disgusting.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I know where there is a 90's Dodge truck for sale for $5,000. The thing is built long and mean. Extended cab and an eight foot bed. That's what you need, big and bulky and can take a pile-up

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was once licensed for a deuce 1/2; Wish I had one now!!! Just hyper ventilating! An old man just needs a drive-able, car of any flavor!

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sucks! I know how it feels. Many years ago on a Friday afternoon I was sitting at a red light on my way home from work and got rear ended. The following Friday (7 days later) I was sitting at a red light on my way home from work and got rear ended again. Got out of the car as did the other driver. I saw the total mess the (borrowed from my parents) car was in and started to laugh. The other driver said I'm glad you're laughing. I said you better be because when I stop I'm going to (F'ing) kill you. He immediately went back into his car, locked the doors and did not get out until the police arrived!

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    In the last 6 months I've been wrecked 2x while standing still! I December, while stopped on Scenic Highway at a light, I was rear-ended by a pickup truck from Seattle Wash., with no insurance and a bogus address. Guess what! The FHP let him go! POOF! Destroyed my car!
    Last Saturday, while leaving the gun show at the fair grounds and while sitting in the driveway, I was hit by a car flying down Pine Forest Road! Hit my front end and snapped off my wheel / axle assembly - totaled by USAA! My loss, again!

I need a used car, 2-3k +/-!!!! Any ideas folks!

FYI - prepare to be non-renewed. happened to my dad with USAA after 2 big auto claims in one year.

(I use USAA as well and I am not saying anything bad about them)

Get a local agent to shop at renewal - progressive and GEICO are usually lower for people with high claims or bad records. (Likely higher than you are paying now)

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I got rear ended while stopped at a stop sign one evening many years ago in CA. To make things worse, I was all set to move to GA, and I was leaving (driving) the next morning. Fortunately the damage was very minor, but I never did collect.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I love my truck. I'm afraid of what I might do if someone crashes into me. Because most of these shit heads don't have insurance or a license. It's a very limited numbered from the factory edition - 1 of 1,572 built in 2005. Not replaceable.

Attachments

• 20191124_182723_1574641695268_001.jpg
      20191124_182723_1574641695268_001.jpg
      88.5 KB · Views: 187
    • 20180213_164406_1518562810218.jpeg
      20180213_164406_1518562810218.jpeg
      158.6 KB · Views: 183

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Take the bumpers off, fill with cement and put em back on.

Years ago I had a 1978 Dodge Power Wagon that had steel tube front & rear bumpers...
    took 'em off, filled them with Concrete, and painted them Fluorescent Orange.
    Folks could see me driving thru the backwoods in that big green monster
    just because of the bumper paint...always knew I was good to pull 'em out ;)
    Nobody EVER pulled out in front of the Beast.
    You'd see people doing Double Takes at crossroads...it worked :)

These Days...however...YOU NEED A DASH CAM!!
    Preferably one that shows back & front.
    Russians perfected the tech, as Russia REQUIRES all drivers
    to PROVE that a crash isn't their fault to get an insurance pay-out!

And drive something BIG & Brightly Colored.
    I like having reflector strips on my rear bumper nowadays...
    just to cut down on the stupid cellphoners.

perfect van.jpg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I drive as little as possible, in part because of the nuts that are on the roads.

peteGon

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yes dash cams, although it doesn't work well if they don't turn their lights on!

Top Bottom