• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Looking for early french rifles. Not much interested in the Mas 36 or rifles of that timeframe. Looking specifically for non-sporterized Berthier or Lebel rifles. Would love to find a nice one to hang up on the wall and celebrate my heritage! Let me know what you got! Have cash or guns to trade, thanks :)

*no longer needed, grabbed a nice Gras from Royal Tiger Imports*

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Do you shoot and reload the 7.5x54 French cartridge? If so, I have about 33 boxer primer French brass you can have.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    No longer needed! Snagged a Gras off of Royal Tiger Imports for a very reasonable price.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Sounds nice, can you toss on a few photos of it... How was the ordering process work with them???
    Ha, would love to, but I neglected to read their home page that said they wouldn't be shipping until 07/20. Easy to order though, and the prices seem reasonable.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ha, would love to, but I neglected to read their home page that said they wouldn't be shipping until 07/20. Easy to order though, and the prices seem reasonable.

OK, all good things kinda comes to those who wait, when you get it post a few photos.. Would love to know how much cleaning you have to do, if any.

Did they say why the wait.?? Did you pay extra for any special sorting..??

Deep down I hate ordering sight unseen like this, But the few times I have done it, it has worked out.. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    OK, all good things kinda comes to those who wait, when you get it post a few photos.. Would love to know how much cleaning you have to do, if any.

Did they say why the wait.?? Did you pay extra for any special sorting..??

Deep down I hate ordering sight unseen like this, But the few times I have done it, it has worked out.. Fingers crossed.
    The wait was not explained. I didn't pay any additional however. I went with a 1874 Gras full length rifle without the rear sight. I'm expecting it to be a little tired. I read some other people's reviews and the overall consensus is it is an okay buy. A review stood out to me that some guys action was filled with bugs, but the rifle was in otherwise good shape.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The wait was not explained. I didn't pay any additional however. I went with a 1874 Gras full length rifle without the rear sight. I'm expecting it to be a little tired. I read some other people's reviews and the overall consensus is it is an okay buy. A review stood out to me that some guys action was filled with bugs, but the rifle was in otherwise good shape.

Bugs eh, well hopefully they did not eat much and are easy enough to clean..

Found a hornets nest in a Sharps barrel once, those rascals will get around..

Picked up one of those Ethiopian Mausers.. It was near black with Grime and age.. Just did a little cleaning an Linseed oiling to clean it up.. The Crest was perfect.. Would be neat if your stock had any cartouches but that's a lot to ask for.. But fingers crossed.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Bugs eh, well hopefully they did not eat much and are easy enough to clean..

Found a hornets nest in a Sharps barrel once, those rascals will get around..

Picked up one of those Ethiopian Mausers.. It was near black with Grime and age.. Just did a little cleaning an Linseed oiling to clean it up.. The Crest was perfect.. Would be neat if your stock had any cartouches but that's a lot to ask for.. But fingers crossed.
    Definitely more interested in the history vs firing! Might try and track down some Gras casings and try reloading one of these days.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    RTIs are not lebel converted, so they are still chambered in the 11mm 375 grain black powder meatballs. A lebel converted would be killer though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom