• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just finished up the Night Vision Operator Instructors Course given by Jamey Caldwell from 1 Minute Out training. I had Jamey at my place back in March for the 2-day Operator course, where five of us from the SWAT team attended (along with other LEO's and non-LEO's) and found out he has a 3-day Instructors Course... so I had my agency send me and another team member to this course in Texas. The Instructor's Course is NTOA approved and gives un an In-House training and certification capability.

I highly recommend ANY courses Jamey happens to be giving, he's a retired CSM where all his time was spent in a Ranger Battalion and then The Unit. A great humble instructor who gives down to earth instruction with no filler or theatrical fluff. Jamey was also a part of the team chasing Bin Laden in Tora Bora... a true War Fighter and Patriot.

My fellow team member took the top gun spot on our qualification run and I took second just 1 point behind him. We trained and shot against other SWAT team members from Texas and Missouri. We represented Florida in the highest tradition.

My teammate receiving his certification and Beacon Light as a reward...

I received a nice CC holster/mag holder with the 1 Minute Out logo...

Now that I have taken the class twice and have had previous time shooting and navigating under NODS, I'm considering offering a basic course in NV use and shooting. It's a great technology that puts more in your tactical response capability and honestly, shooting drills under NODS at night is a lot of fun.

If you are interested in a class let me know.

Top Bottom