• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Blue a WEB (White English Bulldog) likes to get into things.
    About 5 seconds later I dropped everything and dived forward to catch him as he was going over the edge. If I had not seen him crouch and muscles bunch I would be drying out my shoes, wallet etc. Also it would have been a major ordeal to get him out without destroying the pool liner

Well 2 Things that contributed, first Blue does not hesitate to jump up on and investigate things, second my grand daughter and wife had called Blue to pet him from inside the pool.
    1599934451061.png

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    IMG_1497.JPEG

not my dog. belonged to a fella that took me hog hunting in texas. reb would hold the hog while we grabbed it by the back legs, jerked it off its purchase, then ran the knife into its armpit and swished it around.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    notice the tusk cut in his kevlar vest. this was after an afternoon of 3 hogs.
    There are different schools of thought on hog hunting. Today those that use the dogs, ropes, and knives will pick and raise the best possible dogs; dogs that they raised and even love. The people I got my farm dogs from considered hogs from the viewpoint of a farmer as something to be killed anyway that it can be done. They claimed they would obtain a pack of worthless dogs, like from the pounds. I find that hard to believe. They just would not turn good dogs loose on hogs. any more than that they put their dogs in a pit to fight. They used guns to kill. I was not there and will have to take their word for it.
    Many here on this forum that hunt hogs, do it with rifles. Those that want to kill a lot of hogs have always used traps.

1599946914176.png

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    There are different schools of thought on hog hunting. Today those that use the dogs, ropes, and knives will pick and raise the best possible dogs; dogs that they raised and even love. The people I got my farm dogs from considered hogs from the viewpoint of a farmer as something to be killed anyway that it can be done. They claimed they would obtain a pack of worthless dogs, like from the pounds. I find that hard to believe. They just would not turn good dogs loose on hogs. any more than that they put their dogs in a pit to fight. They used guns to kill. I was not there and will have to take their word for it.
    Many here on this forum that hunt hogs, do it with rifles. Those that want to kill a lot of hogs have always used traps.

View attachment 92118
    i am sorry i am not following you. i go to a place in texas each year to kill hogs. the owners want as many hogs as possible killed fast quick and in a hurry. we used traps and we stalked and we sat in blinds. the hogs were wise to the traps. we did ok stalking. but the most hogs we got in one day was with dogs. these were well trained well cared for dogs. they wore expensive gps trackers. the guy that owned them knew his business. he usually charged to take folks on a hog hunt but he wanted to hunt the land i was on so we made a deal. it was a great experience. maybe not for everyone.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are different schools of thought on hog hunting. Today those that use the dogs, ropes, and knives will pick and raise the best possible dogs; dogs that they raised and even love.

World is often one of choices. I do send my dogs out to guard at night and they could get hurt and that is choice on my part.
    I said there are different schools of thought. i did not say anyone was wrong. That dog looks quite similar to mine.
    I even supplied a pup to a fellow in texas that breeds hines bulldogs. Years ago Billy Hines bred his dogs to a famous Carr white english Rad Max A MIllion to produce superior hog dogs. He trying to get back to original Hines dogs. My dog and the stud were off the same Carr white english line
    I simply said there are choices. I did not say anyone was wrong.

I am not surprised that the hogs can learn to avoid traps.

1599954231318.png

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Chesty {tan}and Lucy {white} both English Bulldogs

Attachments

• Lucy & Chesty 006.JPG
      Lucy & Chesty 006.JPG
      540.5 KB · Views: 80
    • Lucy in pool 003.JPG
      Lucy in pool 003.JPG