• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thanks for that...

I don't like change - it can be a bit much. But long term this can be good for the site. I had pulled out a gun to be cleaned, thought this would go smoother between me and the programmer. And it just did not go that way, gun still sitting on the table needing cleaning. Things seem better now though. Still a few things to do like moving the albums over. Stay tuned :)
    As far as I'm concerned as a user, it's been pretty much seamless. I know you do a lot of work on the back end to keep this place running and I can't thank you enough for that. Anything that helps you out and helps the forum out to stay open and running is a good thing. Everyone here can adapt. Those that can't, can find another home. I'm not too technically inclined, but I'll help anyone that I can when I can. We all appreciate what you're doing for us. I'll be consistently pledging my monetary support to the forum and asking others to do so. You're providing a much needed service as well as knowledge library for novice reloaders, gunsmiths, and new gun owners. The sheer amount of guests we have visiting the site as opposed to registered users should speak for itself. There's a TON of people using this site and it's resources. Thanks again. And if I can do anything else to help, please let me know.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    when viewing and opening a thread, how can I see the latest post in the thread, and not the first post?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    when viewing and opening a thread, how can I see the latest post in the thread, and not the first post?

There's a "Jump to New" box/button at the top where it shows how many pages that thread has. Next time you open the thread, if it is 'bold' titled because something new was posted, it should jump you to the new post. At least, it does for me. Maybe it's a holdover personal preference from the last software, though.

I've also found that using the "Mark Read" button lets you 'unbold' an entire subforum, so when something new is posted, it will go bold and stand out.

Edit to add: if there isn't a new post since you last opened the thread, but you still want to jump to the latest post, there is a double-arrow pointing to the right. Same area as the page numbers. And, if you want to jump to a specific page, just click that black page numbers box, and it'll let you type it in, or click the +/- for a simple adjustment.

Last edited:

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Funny how New stuff hurts old eyes... but once you get use to it it looks normal

anyway .... PULL
    32315.gif

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Why No "Today's Posts"? Hitting Refresh doesn't necessarily bring up (updated) New Posts?
    If I'm looking a post, and want to leave, You have to go to Home, Hit New Posts, then choose Read or Unread.
    Used to be simple, look at a thread, hit new posts, and bam, back to main screen and seeing all new posts.

** And then what is that "Show Only: Read, or "Unread Posts" Every aching time you go back to Home just to update the daily posts. WHY??

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyway you can change the background color? The old color was a dull green but this new white color for the layout almost requires sunglasses or squinting it's so bright!

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Once logged in, if I click on the site banner at the top left of the screen it takes me to main screen; but does not show me as signed in. Clicking on the forum link changes screen and I show signed in

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    anyone find out how to go to last post when going to look at a thread? instead of seeing the OP?

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    TexKev, great job getting this up and running. Kinda cool!
    A little hard to navigate at first, but we will have it mastered in no time.

Last edited:

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyway you can change the background color? The old color was a dull green but this new white color for the layout almost requires sunglasses or squinting it's so bright!

Good idea, let me gray it out some. I use a blue light blocker program so for me it's always muted.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Is there a way to lock our own threads? I sold my ladder rack and can’t figure out how to lock it myself. Thanks

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    When viewing a post in any section there used to be a post count, join date, and a location listed by the poster’s name. I am not seeing that now. Am I missing it or is it something that can be added back?

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there a way to lock our own threads? I sold my ladder rack and can’t figure out how to lock it myself. Thanks

OK, found a fix but it will take me an hour or so to change all user groups and change all forums per each usergroup to allow this so hold tight and I should have it done tonight. I think ;)

It will look like the following below. By tomorrow you should be able to click the 3 dots and then choose LOCK THREAD. This option only in the ads areas.

lock.PNG

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nevermind, found a faster way to set this, all ad areas folks should be able to LOCK their threads once sold. See the above image.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks but don’t rush on my part. Thank you for everything you do. I agree with TK50. I like seeing the members location and post count. Location especially helps when making suggestions to a member or trying to work out an exchange

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks but don’t rush on my part. Thank you for everything you do. I agree with TK50. I like seeing the members location and post count. Location especially helps when making suggestions to a member or trying to work out an exchange

Can someone send an image of what they do see per user (post count, location, etc). I see it all and it is set as such for all folks so I must be missing something or there is a glitch.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    This is all I get. The user name and active member

Attachments

• B3EB9198-D922-48BD-A9DE-64ACB45A6A9A.png
      B3EB9198-D922-48BD-A9DE-64ACB45A6A9A.png
      62.8 KB · Views: 214

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, that the cell view, let me see if we can fix that. Thanks for that - very helpful.

Top Bottom