• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there a fix for the For Sale Section where the threads aren't sorted "Last Message" Descending as the default, like the rest of the forum?

Whatever subsection of the For Sale Section I visit, wherever it's Firearms, Accessories, Reviews, unless I specifically click on Filters and set it as Last Message, Descending, they are ordered strangely. And it only lasts for that "visit" to the section.

Other members have reported the same issue.

How do we set the sorting default for the forum?

Send a screenshot, just checked they all say last message descending in settings. Tested it not logged in different browsers and that is what I see.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Send a screenshot, just checked they all say last message descending in settings. Tested it not logged in different browsers and that is what I see.

As of a few minutes ago, notice the most recent post in the Firearms For Sale section is in the P239 thread:
    IMG_6287.jpg

Then open the section, and this is the order, with the top thread the Saiga-12:
    IMG_6288.jpg

So, goto the Filters button, and simply hit the ensuing RED button, since it's already got "Last Message, Descending" selected:

IMG_6289.jpg

Now, it specifically lists "Last message" as a new filter at the top:

IMG_6290.jpg

If you were on a computer and hovered your mouse over it, it would show an option to revert to some other default order?:
    IMG_5909.JPG

And now, the order of the threads is "correct", like the rest of the Forum, without all the extra steps, "Last Message, Descending". In this case, the P239 thread is now at the top:

IMG_6291.jpg

However, as soon as I leave the section, this "fix" goes away, and the section will be jumbled again.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's showing the sticky messages first that's why technically they should always be up top on page 1. Not sure there is a good fix for those. Although I could combine them into one thread probably.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm not referring to the sticky messages. I'm referring to the threads in the "Threads" main section. They aren't sorted "Last message, Descending", unless you manually filter for it. And that filter is only temporary.

This is only in the For Sale section.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not referring to the sticky messages. I'm referring to the threads in the "Threads" main section. They aren't sorted "Last message, Descending", unless you manually filter for it. And that filter is only temporary.

This is only in the For Sale section.
    I noticed this as well and came to report. I see you are already on top of it

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    testing something on this, stay tuned, may take a day or 2 to test out....

Well, I've checked it a few times over the last 24-hrs, and it seems to be fixed. At least for me.

Hopefully it's fixed for other folks, too.

Whatever you did, it's working. Thanks!

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great. I couldn't figure it out. I realized later it was the bump thread plugin wonkifies everything and makes it seem off on dates. Glad it fixed it. Thanks for the screenshots.

fla kid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    this thing will not let me add price keeps telling to post $ or trade but will not take it. found it

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took fields out for now.

I Will have the programmer fix the copy issue, it copies but you cannot see what you highlighted.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Been glitchy for me too, will not let you highlight while you are typing to delete or bold something
    What FrankT said. Actually will not show that you have highlighted text to either copy, edit, or remove. The function works. It doesn't respond with a highlight.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Is it a glitch or on-purpose that the sections with new posts are now in black font color instead of bold white? A bit harder to "notice", since it makes the sections with nothing new "stand out".

Also, is it on-purpose to hide the member's info on each post? I care more about location and join date, but all of that info is now gone, unless you specifically go into that person's profile. Some members don't allow others to see their profile, though, so I'm not sure if that will all be hidden, now.

Thanks!

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry, major update, so when you update the theme it all went wonky. Thanks for the heads up, let me get web guy on it :)

Member info was gone, I set that back up - are you not seeing it?
    Capture.PNG

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sorry, major update, so when you update the theme it all went wonky. Thanks for the heads up, let me get web guy on it :)

Member info was gone, I set that back up - are you not seeing it?

No need to apologize. We appreciate the update and follow-up.

As for member info, it doesn't show on my mobile (iOS).

IMG_7245.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom