Patriot Mobile

Need recommendations on high power scope.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator1067

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My friend is legally blind and can shoot just fine but needs a 24x or higher power scope. While shooting with him I noticed he was shooting an inch low at 100 but would be back on target the next shot or two consistently. Watching him and shooting his firearm after him I concluded that his eye was focusing on the bdc not the center cross hairs since I could replicate his shots. Any suggestions for a higher power scope with minimal or even no BDC. Only shooting up to 250yd so BDC not really needed just the higher power. The scope pictured is what he is looking at. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    F5F9328A-EDF8-458E-B0BE-D2D66BE1241D.png

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not just the magnification level but the type of "plain" reticle may provide more assistance drawing his eye to center. Fine, Thick, Duplex, Post: There are too many to list but you can pull the up on the Web. Maybe with less clutter he will be able to put the crosshairs where needed with less magnification and widen selection options. Glad to hear he's overcoming his challenges and has a good frind like you supporting him. Well one and good luck in you search.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IDK, I've not used one with that high of magnification. And the higher you go, the steadier you need to be, as very small movements will easily throw a round (miss target).
    I'd think he need a Crosshair Dot Reticle aka Center Dot Reticle. "The dot and circle is intended to draw the eye to the center of the reticle for quicker target acquisition and precision."
    g/l

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I bought a Japanese made Barra scope on ebay… 5x25x50.... Just mounted have not shot... Great Price... check them out.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If the OP is asking my pick between MARCH and a SIGHTRON . . . hands down,no question - -> MARCH. --- SAWMAN

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I use the Vortex Golden Eagle 15 x 60 x 52. Not as good as a Nightforce Competition, or March, but can’t beat the quality for the money!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nowadays optic manufacturers feel the need to fill the requests of end users by filling the retical with all kinds of doo-dads. Some are helpful,some are definately NOT. An example IMO,are the MilDot and MRAD reticals. A 6.5Creedmoor and a MilDot scope is mandatory for the <400yd shot. REALLY ??
    But the shooter has some choices for a "simple",non complecated retical. You might want to take a look at the Leupold line of scopes also. I had a 8.5-25X50 with target turrets,that had a simple duplex retical. It was fairly thin but was not considered a "target" retical. I used it for 1000yd (unofficial) competition.
    For this gentleman's shooting methods and distances,he would be better served by a thicker retical yet a simple retical.
    Let us know what ultimately he chooses. --- SAWMAN

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mirage is a huge factor above 20x. Trying to hit a dot at 100yd with too much power could be similiar to shooting at a moving target. Since March was mentioned I assume that higher end optics are in the budget. The Nightforce ATACR line up does an excellent job of soaking up mirage. Check out the straight MilDot reticle. I’m not familiar with their 2nd focal plane line up but they do offer some interesting, simple reticles that are designed for benchrest

RLewis1115

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check into the SWFA fixed power scopes. Really impressive glass for the price point. I know they have a 20X and I believe a 24X....definitely super clear due to fixed power.

Top Bottom