• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got my Atlas Brass (Atlas Developement Group) in today. Was amazed how it was packed and how it looked.
    Got all components now. Will prep some tonight and load tomorrow. --- SAWMAN
    20200701_172139.jpg
    20200701_172225.jpg
    20200701_172410.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I checked the dimensions of about 15 pieces of the ADG brass this AM.
    The OAL was within .007" of each other. None is <.2.015". The "trim to" length. All the mouths were darn near perfectly round. The base and rim were so close that I stopped using the mic after about 10-12pcs. The primer pockets measured the same. The flash holes had no burr's inside the case. All dropped into the chamber and bolt closed without any abnormal resistance. I actually fed 2 mag fulls (3X2) directly into the chamber.
    I just love the polymer mags. They seem to bend and flex just the right amount to ease in feeding. In fact,this gun,even with the rotary mag,you can have the empty mag inserted,throw a rd in on top of it (even empties) and the closing bolt will align the rd/brass properly to feed into the chamber.
    Forgot to order a .264" cutter for my Forster so my just leave the first reloads within .007" of each other.
    All in all . . . this brass looks even better than the great Lapua. ---- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got these from a local dealer several days ago.
    This is how ALL quality bullets should be packaged.
    These are similar in design to the Nosler Partition. --- SAWMAN
    20200702_092823.jpg
    20200702_092945.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Recruited the first three soldiers this AM. Ready to do battle.
    120gr Barnes TSX . . loaded with RL-25. Should make about 3100fps or so.
    Love the Hornady Match Grade Dies. After careful setup these three bullets runout were within .003" of each other. --- SAWMAN
    20200706_095733.jpg

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I know you were looking for H1000...we use 7828 in our 6.5WSMs...might be worth a try. If you need some 10 packs let me know I have a small selection.

127LR Barnes
    129ABLR
    130 Berger
    130TMK
    142SMK &SMKM
    142ABLR
    might be a couple others too

Last edited:

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nice Rifle! Will be interesting to see what you wind up sending down range with the best accuracy.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Shot the 6.5PRC and the 6.5Creedmoor at the range today.
    The PRC has a small amount more recoil than the Creedmoor. Both guns are prettey much the same with both having the radial type muzzle brakes. The brakes on both guns work exellent to mitigate recoil.
    The PRC's increased vels,and amount of powder burned do not seem in line with the muzzle blast and effects of recoil.
    I shot 21 rds of PRC and 15rds of Creedmoor today. I was somewhat worried with the effects of recoil now that I have dropped all the weight but my shoulder is not sore. Both guns are equiped with a Limbsaver recoil pad,which is super spongy also. This has gotta help.
    My PRC load was the Barnes 127gr LRX pushed by 59.3grs of RETUMBO. The bbl is 24 liches long with a 7 twist. I seated the bullets well off the lans as per Barnes. IIRC they are about .0070" off.
    All the loads that were fired today showed no signs of pressure so will slowly increase the charge for my next range day.
    I have several powders for the PRC now,so will try a couple different ones next time.
    My PRC has a 4-18X44 FFP BDC Nikon on it. Love that scope. ---- SAWMAN

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    6.5 is for fat, lazy shooters who can’t handle shooting 7.62/308. I don’t want you to get fat and lazy.

Finish loading those up and I will come pick up the gun and ammo next week.

I have a special waste storage that can process these.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My groups were all at 50yds.
    All were using RETUMBO and Barnes 127gr LRX. The variables in the ladder were - -> 1. Powder charge weight. 2. sesting depth. 3. neck tension.
    My groups were between .772" and .369". With the faster being better. And somewhat tighter neck tension being better.
    The 6.5Creedmoor did almost as well but did not shoot as many rds or as varied a ladder. Also did not vary neck tension. Only powder charge and seating depth.
    My fastest load in the PRC was just over 3100 and I was still 1.5grs under book max.
    Love the gun,love the scope,and with some more bbl break-in should be a shooter. Then . . . my 308Win will go. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Seen in pics,the PRC has the Nikon and the Creedmoor has the Meopta.
    Differences - - -> The Meopta is obviously the higher quality. Especially where it counts (what you pay for) THE GLASS. It is a 3-18X50,30mm,FFP,three turret,scope. The "always red" with no batterys or self illumination is great. Not only is the small dot red,but so is the three thick posts. They are damn near too red. The retical design could easily be used for ranging. The scope is a FFP so with the power adjustment,the retical grows and shrinks. I love this feature in any scope. Other than the advertised,the main feature for me is you are able to change the size of your retical. A real plus,IMO. This,for either target or game.
    But the best feature about the Meopta is its parallax/distance focus feature. The L side (third) turret is so precise that it can be used for rangeing (~). I tried it at the club yesterday at the known distances of 50,100,200,and 300yds. You simply turn the dial,when your target is perfectly clear,look at the dials msrkings. For me,they matched up perfectly. Half way in between 200,300,and 500 should be 250 and 400yds. The feature
    20201113_080538.jpg
    20201113_080058.jpg
    should get you close. Will take my rangefinder to the vast peanut fields and find some known distances out to 700 or 800yds or so,and see how accurate the scopes dial is. I believe with the higher vels,coupled with a high B.C. bullet,the difference between 300 and 350 and 500 and 550 in drop,could not be that critical.
    The NIKON - - -> great scope for the money. It is a 4-18X44,FFP,side turret,zero stop,BDC retical scope. Obviously not the glass of the Meopta. But the BDC circles that you can adjust for size AND thickness,using the scopes zoom,is great. With some experimentation this could be used for ranging animals (chest size,etc) also.
    I would highly reccomend anyone that has never used a FFP scope to read up on them,and look thru them, with the retical pattern of your choice. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:
    Top Bottom