• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    My wife bought me a Henry Classic 22 for our 2 year wedding anniversary. First lever action I've ever owned or even personally handled. I'm interested in finding a ghost ring or aperture sight, anyone have experience mounting one on these 22s?

Attachments

• 20210304_211217.jpg
      20210304_211217.jpg
      2.3 MB · Views: 117

Babalu

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The one I purchased has a skinner sight from the factory. I also put one on my 30-30. They are much better than the buckhorn sights.

Babalu

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can order different size aperture peep sights that screw in, or remove it for a full ghost ring.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Was looking at the Skinners and they are super nice looking. My rifle isnt drilled and tapped from the factory and I lack the skills to do that, so I don't think I can use their product for my rifle.

Babalu

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is not that difficult, you have to take that top piece off when you clean it anyway. Just have to drill 2 holes, and tap the two holes. Any gunsmith will probably do that fairly inexpensive. They are a great company to deal with. Good luck with your endeavor.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    That Henry is one fine rifle, I’d like to have one myself. Incidentally, my first lever action was a Daisy BB gun way back about 1966.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    That Henry is one fine rifle, I’d like to have one myself. Incidentally, my first lever action was a Daisy BB gun way back about 1966.
    We had to go out to Bass Pro in Destin from Pensacola to find one! Worth the trip big time, cant wait to try it out. Doesn't hurt that we also found 300 rounds of birdshot for the clay range :)

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Don’t know Henry / Winchester came with holes in side to mount a side mount sight , top mount aperture from Skinners is very nice , Millet made an aperture that was adjustable like a camera iris,check price of a gunsmith ! Might be worth it , luck

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Don’t know Henry / Winchester came with holes in side to mount a side mount sight , top mount aperture from Skinners is very nice , Millet made an aperture that was adjustable like a camera iris,check price of a gunsmith ! Might be worth it , luck
    Angry if you are interested have a new in wrapper Skinners for a good price!

Babalu

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    H001TLP is the Henry 22 that I bought. It has the large loop lever, Skinner peep, and octagon barrel. That is the way it comes from Henry. It is a great shooter. I love my Henry rifles. Something about lever rifles, you just have to have them.

Top Bottom