HD Tactical

Murphy's Law: Palmetto KS-47 Extractor Failure...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRTXHunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Starting this thread so others can have a realistic expectation for PSA customer service and the KS47 in the future.

The coyotes had just entered the field, making a bee line for my Fox Pro positioned halfway between me and them. I flip the safety up as I track em in the optic. They killed a fawn last week and I've been waiting to settle things. Now they're within 75 yards. Breathe, pause, press, bang... transition to the second coyote, standing still, not yet on the run, and....click! Jam.

Dust settles and it turns out my extractor sheared off. What a bummer.

Sept 28, 2022: Date of the malfunction. Contacted PSA support, I'll update the thread if they get back to me. This gun only has about 500 rounds through it; with how common these extractor issues are I'll be disappointed if they don't send a replacement extractor or bolt free.

Attachments

• IMG_5773.JPG
      IMG_5773.JPG
      328.3 KB · Views: 47

TRTXHunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I will note- a few years ago my PSAK-47 had a similar extractor-shear-off incident (this time, the rifle had a pretty decent round count, not a wimpy ~500 like my KS47). PSA support told me to find a polish extractor online. Perhaps with the proprietary extractor in the ks47 I'll have better luck this time.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Starting this thread so others can have a realistic expectation for PSA customer service and the KS47 in the future.

The coyotes had just entered the field, making a bee line for my Fox Pro positioned halfway between me and them. I flip the safety up as I track em in the optic. They killed a fawn last week and I've been waiting to settle things. Now they're within 75 yards. Breathe, pause, press, bang... transition to the second coyote, standing still, not yet on the run, and....click! Jam.

Dust settles and it turns out my extractor sheared off. What a bummer.

Sept 28, 2022: Date of the malfunction. Contacted PSA support, I'll update the thread if they get back to me. This gun only has about 500 rounds through it; with how common these extractor issues are I'll be disappointed if they don't send a replacement extractor or bolt free.
    On the brightside it wasn't cannibal marauders!
    That's one of the reasons I try to use my SD guns in a hunting environment as much as possible also any optics.

TRTXHunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    September 30 - Last night they asked for some pictures to verify, and this morning they came back with:
    "We are using a new BCG that is engraved TC-E now and I can send you a new BCG to resolve the issue so you don't have to send the firearm in for a warranty repair."

That was fast! Hopefully shipping will be swift. Color me impressed.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    September 30 - Last night they asked for some pictures to verify, and this morning they came back with:
    "We are using a new BCG that is engraved TC-E now and I can send you a new BCG to resolve the issue so you don't have to send the firearm in for a warranty repair."

That was fast! Hopefully shipping will be swift. Color me impressed.
    Glad they are taking care of you! Seems like you only ever hear nightmares about PSA's customer service.

Top Bottom