Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

MRE's

Raven

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Reaction score
They'll be selling MRE's in the pawn shops and flea markets for years to come. Again.

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Reaction score
And try to sell to some pussies that either - - -> #1. Don't want them if the manufacture date is older than 2019 . . or #2. It is not the specific meal collection they prefer.
These girlie men have either - - -> #1. never been hungry and/or #2. Never been in the REAL MILITARY. --- SAWMAN

ccc

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
And try to sell to some pussies that either - - -> #1. Don't want them if the manufacture date is older than 2019 . . or #2. It is not the specific meal collection they prefer.
These girlie men have either - - -> #1. never been hungry and/or #2. Never been in the REAL MILITARY. --- SAWMAN
the dehydrated fruit was great !!!! Used to add the sugar and cream from the coffee over my strawberries when I was in the army MMMMMMmmmmmmmm damn good

5lima30ret

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
...or----- #3 never had early 70's vintage C-Rats that they had to heat on a vehicle exhaust manifold! :(

5lima30ret

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Spaghetti was my favorite! The ham & eggs heated on a diesel manifold were pretty bad!

wildrider666

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
C-Rats: a Stove in every Box, pots too. You trash the Box and pack your socks and avoid bloated cans. You always "Sniff Check" the Case at the supply point or you get stuck with it!
MREs daddy was the Jungle Rat and its mom was the LRP Rat which also had an affair with NASA.
MREs do survive the the helo hover drop much better than C-Rats.
Some folks were spoiled with "vehicle heaters" and Hot Sauce. Smokes were dropped at some point but not the matches. I don't know if they came back. Yeah, they're bad for you but so is getting shot at, so ...... WTF?

wildrider666

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
70s Vintage Lol, Cut my teeth on Korean vintage and that stuff must have been stocked extremely deep! Was still getting 1952 dated boxes in the the 70s. 20 Plus years and it still made a turd, cutting it loose was the problem. Gov/Labs made sure it stayed in your system long enough to get every calorie out of it!

Welldoya

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
My Dad was military. When I was a teenager in the early ‘70s we lived overseas.
They would have warehouse sales at the base and Dad would but a case of 12 C rations for something like 3 bucks.
My friends and I would go on backpacking trips around the country, sometimes staying gone for 2-3 weeks at a time and we took C rations to eat. These things were packed 10-20 years earlier.
I remember I loved the pound cake.
We carried small sterno stoves to heat up the meals.
Each meal had a foil pack with tp, chiklet gum, a p38 and a little 4 pack of cigarettes.

kidsoncoffee

His foreskin can cover Wrigley Field
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Right there with ya James. If you get too many offers, let me know. I'd love to have a few extra boxes of them.

Toggle Sidebar

Latest posts

Sponsors

3rd Coast
Top Bottom