• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tridentrider

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This is MY share on MY experience, with the Moultrie Delta Base unit.
    I was hoping for a great new "unit" (less batteries & gear) since I have been using Moultrie Modems hooked onto my cameras for years.
    I purchased a brand new Delta Base unit and took to my lease AT&T and it had green lights but never transmitted any pics then when home signal read was only FAIR.
    I went out to check on the WTF is wrong and it was dead. I took it back got a nw one and took it back out to lease and only got red dot in signal at multiple sectioons of my Lease. I have had the Modem and camera work fine on same tree/ area for years.
    My point is I beleive the "Moultrie Delta Base Unit" has a waek antena and can't receive a good signal in the field.
    I took it next to where I have a Modem & Camera currently transmitting perfectly, and still received a RED (Weak Signal) on the Unit at same location.

It went back to the box store, and I got another camera to hook up to a modem.

I can't say on how it transmits and picture quality (when and if you are in a high signal area) but just a note to my fellow hunters who hunt deep and in cover, might save you the headache I had.

Tridentrider

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I am very pleased with my Tactacam Revel X. Transmits well on Verizon in areas my iPhone sometimes has a weak signal.
    Have two other lease guys using Tactacam (leases right next to each other. One works good sending great pics while the other is having transmitting problems. Pics look good when pulls his SD card.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    In a remote area the spypoint cams struggle. Bought the external antenna mounted 10 feet above it. Eats batteries an an alarming rate though. Moved one of my cameras closer to civilization and it's great. So signal is a big factor.

gameaholic

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Reolink Go pt plus. Has solar panel to keep battery charged. can view live video with sound, pan and tilt. sends motion alerts to phone. They are kicking off the new Keen Ranger trail cam today.

Top Bottom