HD Tactical

MILITARY PERSCRIPTIONS for Retirees and Retiree Dependents Stopped!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I called Tyndall AFB Med Clinic for Rx service today. For Retirees and Retiree Dependents: they will Refill Scripts currently on file. The first Refill # I tried to enter was rejected as No Record even though they filled it previously, their Rx number, one Refill remaining and it was before the Script expiration date! it did auto accept my Wifes Refill Rx.

They are NOT ACCEPTING NEW Rx Scripts from Retirees or Retiree Dependents! This info was provided on the routine Refill automated answer. I could not find anything on the Base Clinics Web page. The reason given is COVID-19, so there's no estimate when/if this Service will resume. Different Bases may have different Policies. You may want to plan ahead for future meds via Tricar direct Scripts of Local businesses.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure od the disparity between Base since the reason is COVID-19. Haven't heard of an Outbreak at Tyndall though it still could be a COVID-19 related Staff/volunteer shortage. Dropped my Rx Scripts at Publics today. I go to Tyndall to pick up Wife's Refill on friday, I'll try and get more info.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unless things have changed in the last couple of weeks, NAS Pensacola is still filling new scripts at the main pharmacy (Navy hospital - Corry Station) and refills can be picked up at the pharmacy annex next to the commissary - drive up only at this time.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm glad other Base Rx are servicing Retirees, thought mine was too. I don't know the date Tyndall they stopped. HM put them out of business last time, now COVID-19, Im' going to switch to Tricare Express Scripts next new Set of Rx.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Didnt happen to be a hydroxychloroquine refill, did it?

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'm glad other Base Rx are servicing Retirees, thought mine was too. I don't know the date Tyndall they stopped. HM put them out of business last time, now COVID-19, Im' going to switch to Tricare Express Scripts next new Set of Rx.
    Tyndall has sooo many issues...

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Called my scripts into Tyndall yesterday and they'll be ready for pickup Thursday.

The reason Tyndall is not filling new scripts is because of limited manning in the clinic due to the COVID-19 guidelines currently in place. They were already at minimum manning after Hurricane Michael, and only seeing AD personnel. Now with this their manning is even lower.

I'm not due for my annual script renewal unit Nov, I already doing 90 day scripts as it is. If by then Tyndall is still minimally manned, I'll see about transferring my scripts to Eglin AFB again temporarily.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Called my scripts into Tyndall yesterday and they'll be ready for pickup Thursday.

The reason Tyndall is not filling new scripts is because of limited manning in the clinic due to the COVID-19 guidelines currently in place. They were already at minimum manning after Hurricane Michael, and only seeing AD personnel. Now with this their manning is even lower.

I'm not due for my annual script renewal unit Nov, I already doing 90 day scripts as it is. If by then Tyndall is still minimally manned, I'll see about transferring my scripts to Eglin AFB again temporarily.

I thought it was along those lines. I did the Eglin Rx shift and long drive after HM. Transfer took two trips, went for pick up and was shorted one Rx. They said i could pick up the missing Rx the next day: No Thanks.
    I will say they were hammered with new heavy demand from HM.

I pickup Rx from Publix tomorrow, will compare price to gas and time driving elsewhere. Then will check costs with Tricare Express Scripts.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought it was along those lines. I did the Eglin Rx shift and long drive after HM. Transfer took two trips, went for pick up and was shorted one Rx. They said i could pick up the missing Rx the next day: No Thanks.
    I will say they were hammered with new heavy demand from HM.

I pickup Rx from Publix tomorrow, will compare price to gas and time driving elsewhere. Then will check costs with Tricare Express Scripts.

Some of my scripts get into the several hundred dollar range, so driving to Eglin is cheaper in the end for me.

I've gone back and forth on Express Scripts, some of my meds get changed around depending on what my heart is doing. I'd hate to wait for a new script because of a needed change in dosage, etc.

Plus whether true or not, when I thought about doing it for one med I am on that the military quit carrying it was going to be $200.00 plus for a 90 day supply through CVS. I said hell no, talked to Tricare about Express Scripts, was told once I enrolled that med could only be done through them from that point out and I was still going to pay for a med. Talked to my PCM at Tyndall, the med was a combo med and both meds are available through Tyndall. So we went from a combo med, to separate meds that make up the combo.

Maybe Express Scipts is good and works, I just didn't like be locked in, and was surprised that I would be paying for it. Yes it would be less than $200.00, I think they quoted me $40.00 for it. But I get it for free on base........

Just means more money for ammo........

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wife uses a heart med, 90 day supply is $700 in town, $24 by express scripts and $0 at the Base. That's if the Base has it in stock which is what drove us to Express Scripts for that one.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm on 7 scripts and 3 OTC meds through my Cardiologist, 3 scripts through my Neurologist, 1 script through my Pulmonologist and 1 script through my ENT.

So 12 scripts that God only knows how much would run me off base, and I'm sure I'd pay more for them through Express Scripts than a round trips worth of gas to Eglin.

I tell you this getting old shit isn't fun, had I known it was going to be like this, I would have stayed in HS as a Metal Head chasing Cheerleaders, and having a beer or two at the Gasthaus during lunch......Man those were the days!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom