• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The world is full of idiots and here are two of them.
    Darwin award for public service.
    Duh Officer Clancy think it might be a good idea to remove your knee. I doubt he learned the prolonged knee to the neck pin at the academy.
    MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — An FBI investigation is underway and four officers have been fired following a fatal encounter Monday between Minneapolis police and an unarmed black man.
    In a statement early Tuesday, police said the man had a medical incident during an attempted arrest. However, video of the encounter shows an officer with his knee on the man’s neck for at least seven minutes. Before the man loses consciousness, he repeatedly tells officers that he can’t breathe. https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020...minneapolis-police-fbi-called-to-investigate/
    1590535294683.png

Here is another one. Lady with off lease dog calls police when told to lease it by black bird watcher.
    She has now it seems been fired from her job and the shelter took her newly adopted dog.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will have to correct my earlier statement about kneeling on the neck of an arrested suspect.
    http://www.mountaineagle.com/stories/mayor-officer-who-put-knee-on-mans-neck-should-be-charged,25629

In Minneapolis, kneeling on a suspect's neck is allowed under the department's use-of-force policy for officers who have received training in how to compress a neck without applying direct pressure to the airway. It is considered a "non-deadly force option," according to the department's policy handbook.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I will have to correct my earlier statement about kneeling on the neck of an arrested suspect.
    Yeah but you have the "doctors" saying that if they can speak, they can breathe. That doesn't mean that the suspect isn't going into respiratory distress. Put a knee in the middle of the back where it hurts like a motherfucker, and doesn't cut off the windpipe, and you won't have these situations. I feel like this cop straight up had a hand in the death of this man and it sucks. This shit is unnecessary.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah but you have the "doctors" saying that if they can speak, they can breathe. That doesn't mean that the suspect isn't going into respiratory distress. Put a knee in the middle of the back where it hurts like a motherfucker, and doesn't cut off the windpipe, and you won't have these situations. I feel like this cop straight up had a hand in the death of this man and it sucks. This shit is unnecessary.
    No argument and I am just trying find out the facts. Pressure on the neck depending how various circumstances can restrict blood flow and it does do the spine or phrenic nerves (Go to the diaphragm) any good for sure.
    The phrenic nerve is a mixed motor/sensory nerve which originates from the C3-C5 spinal nerves in the neck. The nerve is important for breathing because it provides exclusive motor control of the diaphragm, the primary muscle of respiration.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    No argument and I am just trying find out the facts. Pressure on the neck depending how various circumstances can restrict blood flow and it does do the spine or phrenic nerves (Go to the diaphragm) any good for sure.
    From all the replies I've seen on other forums from other officers, it seems the knee to the neck is the go to if you are in a situation where the suspect is combative and maybe going for your gun, or you've lost the upper hand. It's obvious in the video this man was easily subdued and just trying to breathe. The dickhead that had him pinned was doing it for all the wrong reasons. The scary thing though, is these guys KNEW they were being videotaped, and chose not to hold the suspect in a different, non life threatening manner. It's sickening. I'm honestly curious to hear from our LE members here what, if anything, the public can do to try to deter this type of shit. There were 3 other cops there that could have stopped this, yet they chose not to. I'm not trying to catch a charge or get killed by tackling a bully cop off a criminal, but fuck, I don't want to sit there and watch a man die for no reasoning either. Do you call 911 and try to report police abuse? Try to get a supervisor on scene? In these situations, time is of the essence. It's just FUBAR all the way around man. I feel like the citizens have no recourse. Yes, the man was obviously being detained for criminal activity. He deserves his day in court though, not at the hands of the cops.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-man-fatally-shoots-home-intruder-attacking-wife-police this was a white on black shooting right here in our area. But it doesn’t meet their criteria so they failed to mention anyone’s race. Crazy how they pick and choose when and where to mention race. Turns out the black guy was in the wrong.
    You're not wrong at all. Honestly the last killing of a white man by police that I heard or saw in the news was the Daniel Shaver and James Boyd murders. They pop up every now and then. The MSM is definitely trying to grow a divide between races, and it's all to do with the government behind them. A divided populace will never have the power to oust tyrants and dirty politicians when we're too busy fighting against ourselves.

Gator1067

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As an Officer that video was sickening to watch. At my department there would have been an excessive force investigation and I would have had to explain my actions even if he didn’t pass. At no time in any academy or 21 years have I been taught to put my knee in someone’s neck that was cuffed or subdued especially with three other officers present. At no time training multiple forms of martial arts have I been taught to strike the neck unless it was life or death or to render someone unconscious. There is a technique called a brachial stun which does involve striking the neck with the arm which is for temporary incapacitation and does cause the subject to temporarily loose consciousness. Now for the second issue. The media is for sure racially motivated. There are shootings just about every night in black neighborhoods but they will never make the news because there is no shock and awww factor. I have been to calls where I thought for sure the news crews were about to arrive but every time they were a no show.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    As an Officer that video was sickening to watch. At my department there would have been an excessive force investigation and I would have had to explain my actions even if he didn’t pass. At no time in any academy or 21 years have I been taught to put my knee in someone’s neck that was cuffed or subdued especially with three other officers present. At no time training multiple forms of martial arts have I been taught to strike the neck unless it was life or death or to render someone unconscious. There is a technique called a brachial stun which does involve striking the neck with the arm which is for temporary incapacitation and does cause the subject to temporarily loose consciousness. Now for the second issue. The media is for sure racially motivated. There are shootings just about every night in black neighborhoods but they will never make the news because there is no shock and awww factor. I have been to calls where I thought for sure the news crews were about to arrive but every time they were a no show.
    How do we stop this shit? I've been called a "cop hater" on here multiple times, but it's only because I can't stand the few pieces of shit that overstep their authority and kill and harass people. I grew up getting harassed by cops because my hair was dyed and I didn't fit the stereotype of a "model teenager". I did nothing to provoke it. What can the departments do? You always hear their typical reply of, "We will institute some better training." or "We've investigated ourselves and found nothing wrong." Something, somewhere, has got to give. Qualified immunity, and lawsuits that only hurt the taxpayer have given these guys a license to kill. I really want to hear from LEO members what, if anything, can we do about this shit? It's obvious that nothing is changing. A lawyer needs countless years of law school to practice, yet an 8 week course can turn a man loose with a badge and a gun? I'm not knocking LEO here. I just want to see some change and I don't have the answers as to what that change should be. I'm not in your shoes. I'm not putting on that uniform every day. I'm not going out there and having to deal with criminals. It seems that when the good cops do speak up, they're ostracized from the department. Hell, there's been known instances of "good" cops speaking out, and being killed. We have a gang problem, and they're dressed in blue.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The gun grabbers use those statistics that are often over drug sales to show that 'children' are being killed by guns. A 17 year old thug is a child in these media statistics.
    I remember years ago something happening at neighbor's house that happened to be a black family. A reporter showed up and once he saw they were black, he left.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was honestly more upset with that woman, I have seen that kind of entitled behavior before and i am sure it was not the first time that she had pulled something like that. I give full credit to the responding police that sorted it all out. And it appears that justice was done.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I was honestly more upset with that woman, I have seen that kind of entitled behavior before and i am sure it was not the first time that she had pulled something like that. I give full credit to the responding police that sorted it all out. And it appears that justice was done.
    That shit is what got Emmett Till lynched. And the woman that accused him recanted her statement. This shit has been happening for over 100 years. To kill a mockingbird should be required reading in every school. How many minorities have been killed or imprisoned over the word of some entitled piece of shit like that woman? It really makes you think. I don't know if it's just more cell phone cameras in the world or what, but there's an obvious uprise in blatantly racist assholes coming out of the woodwork. Mr. Cooper, who was the man that was being accused in the park, was fucking BIRD WATCHING. How the hell that lady took offense and acted that way against a man that was bird watching, was a previous editor for Marvel comics, a Harvard grad, and board member of NYCs audubon society is beyond me. You couldn't have picked a more harmless human being of ANY race for that matter to act that way against. All because he asked the woman to put her dog on a leash, while she choked the every living shit out of the dog in the process.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That shit is what got Emmett Till lynched. And the woman that accused him recanted her statement. This shit has been happening for over 100 years. To kill a mockingbird should be required reading in every school. How many minorities have been killed or imprisoned over the word of some entitled piece of shit like that woman? It really makes you think. I don't know if it's just more cell phone cameras in the world or what, but there's an obvious uprise in blatantly racist assholes coming out of the woodwork. Mr. Cooper, who was the man that was being accused in the park, was fucking BIRD WATCHING. How the hell that lady took offense and acted that way against a man that was bird watching, was a previous editor for Marvel comics, a Harvard grad, and board member of NYCs audubon society is beyond me. You couldn't have picked a more harmless human being of ANY race for that matter to act that way against. All because he asked the woman to put her dog on a leash, while she choked the every living shit out of the dog in the process.
    This is not always about race.
    You are missing an important point. This only made the news because that low life got recorded saying it. She could have just as easily accused a white man. And if the police believed her, the white guy would also be in a lot of trouble. There are whole lot of democratic female rectal apertures and maybe some republican ones too that use similar tactics daily to wreck other people that happen to be male.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This is not always about race.
    You are missing an important point. This only made the news because that low life got recorded saying it. She could have just as easily accused a white man. And if the police believed her, the white guy would also be in a lot of trouble. There are whole lot of democratic female rectal apertures and maybe some republican ones too that use similar tactics daily to wreck other people that happen to be male.
    You're not wrong. I'm just commenting on this specific instance you've brought up. There's white men in jail on trumped up domestic abuse charges by lying ass women, white men that have had their children taken from them on bullshit from lying women. It's definitely not a race issue, but it can be way more damaging from a minorities point of view and has been over the years. I'd have to argue that more minorities have been affected than white men over this type of behavior. All it takes is those magical words, "There's a black man trying to hurt me.", and cops are on it like flies on shit. You know I'm right when I say that. It's been that way for, like I said, over 100 years. Nothing has changed.

Gator1067

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As far as an 8 week course That is in other states. Def not in FL. We are almost 6 months. As far as giving citizens the ability to legally stop an officers actions will never happen. The general public now a days would use it as an excuse every chance they got whether warranted or not to step in as a form of protest. We live in a self deserving entitled generation and not just as citizens . I called a brand new officer a boot. The next thing I knew I’m standing in front of a LT with this officer telling me day one on the job that he went through the same academy and wears the same uniform I do and he deserves respect. He no longer works in law enforcement. Not by my choice but by his. He lasted three calls and decided it wasn’t for him. I tell all my new Officers (boots) that the badge makes you nothing special and does not give you super powers. If you were not a grown ass man or woman before you put it on wearing it does not change that. If you want to be loved go be an EMT or fireman. Wait fireman is even politically incorrect now. (Fireperson) As a police officer during the course of your career you see the worst of what this world has to offer. I have seen the human body in every form imaginable some natural a lot by the hands of others. I have held many dead children just to go home and hold mine tighter while holding back the tears and emotions so I didn’t scare them while tucking them in. Dealing with every ones problems day in and day out because no one calls the police when things are going good you still put on the uniform every day because you believe that there are still good people that deserve for you to put your life on the line for them if needed. No academy or test will ever show the sole of a person. All we can do is deal with the bad ones accordingly when they show there true colors and hope the good ones make it till the end.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    As far as an 8 week course That is in other states. Def not in FL. We are almost 6 months. As far as giving citizens the ability to legally stop an officers actions will never happen. The general public now a days would use it as an excuse every chance they got whether warranted or not to step in as a form of protest. We live in a self deserving entitled generation and not just as citizens . I called a brand new officer a boot. The next thing I knew I’m standing in front of a LT with this officer telling me day one on the job that he went through the same academy and wears the same uniform I do and he deserves respect. He no longer works in law enforcement. Not by my choice but by his. He lasted three calls and decided it wasn’t for him. I tell all my new Officers (boots) that the badge makes you nothing special and does not give you super powers. If you were not a grown ass man or woman before you put it on wearing it does not change that. If you want to be loved go be an EMT or fireman. Wait fireman is even politically incorrect now. (Fireperson) As a police officer during the course of your career you see the worst of what this world has to offer. I have seen the human body in every form imaginable some natural a lot by the hands of others. I have held many dead children just to go home and hold mine tighter while holding back the tears and emotions so I didn’t scare them while tucking them in. Dealing with every ones problems day in and day out because no one calls the police when things are going good you still put on the uniform every day because you believe that there are still good people that deserve for you to put your life on the line for them if needed. No academy or test will ever show the sole of a person. All we can do is deal with the bad ones accordingly when they show there true colors and hope the good ones make it till the end.
    I appreciate in every way what you do day in and day out. All I can ask is that you keep those bad ones in check, and weed them out for the sake of everyone. I know full well you see the worst shit you can imagine, all at the hands of bad people, and that's why we as a community need you. That's why we put our faith in you. We've just gotta find a way to get the bad ones out before they can do any damage. That's the only answer I'm looking for. LEOs are always gonna be needed. Protecting the bad ones, and looking the other way though has to stop in these departments. I'm not at all accusing you of this, but it happens, and needs to be dealt with. Otherwise we're all fucked.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I salute you. You are definitely what we need in public service.

Latest posts

Top Bottom