APOD Firearms

Matching uppers, lowers, and hand rails?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shobbles

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Forged uppers and lowers seem universally matched, but billet have some contours that seem to line up with the lower and sometimes hand rail. Is this just a cosmetic thing?
    Most builds I’ve seen look like the handrail was just slapped onto the upper, ie the hand rail cross section is hexagonical and it just butts up to the circular upper.
    Matched sets sure look good, but is that as far as it goes? It it just cosmetic? There doesn’t seem to be many matched sets out there compared to lone parts.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Generally not worth the cost unless you want the look or a widget that's specific to that setup. You may see some better fit but you probably won't see any better performer.

Shobbles

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Generally not worth the cost unless you want the look or a widget that's specific to that setup. You may see some better fit but you probably won't see any better performer.
    That’s what I figured. Worst I could think of is two extremely different parts might have a gap where dirt can get in, but seems like it’s mainly cosmetic. The matched sets sure look slick though.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I was going to answer on the Tallahassee forum, but I don't like my Avatar over there. My first thought was - if the parts are real expensive, and everyone knows it, it will be OK. If the parts are cheap, folks will comment on the cheap-assed fit and finish of the gun.

Top Bottom