• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Very nice job. Looks great. I too have been making my own slings for a while now. All that I find online are too big and bulky, slip and lose adjustment, hard to adjust to begin with, make a ton of noise with metals involved and or rust and wear at the guns finish, can't be adjusted past certain sizes if you wish to pull it tighter to you're body, and many many other reasons. The ones I have now are all made from 3/4 inch webbing and triglides etc I bought online, with my own version of tightening I came up with that I like better than those sold. I plan to circle back and replace ones I made so far with cotton 3/4 tho. It is softer and won't snag facial hair and stuff so badly I think. Hard to find a good sling tho now for sure. May as well just make the things

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here's how I attached one on my Stoeger M3K (pic below).

I found that most attachment points end up with the muzzle right around my head when slung over-the-shoulder vertically, muzzle-up (despite the barrel being 24"), so this gets the muzzle well above my head. It's just a short piece of wooden dowel with two rubber caps on the ends, with the strap threaded through the rib : )

Attachments

• DSC09112web.jpg
      DSC09112web.jpg
      271.6 KB · Views: 46
    • DSC09114web.jpg
      DSC09114web.jpg
      211.6 KB · Views: 56
    Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Here's how I attached one on my Stoeger M3K (pic below).

I found that most attachment points end up with the muzzle right around my head when slung over-the-shoulder vertically, muzzle-up (despite the barrel being 24"), so this gets the muzzle well above my head. It's just a short piece of wooden dowel with two rubber caps on the ends, with the strap threaded through the rib : )
    Yeah that's pretty good thinking. Whatever works. You could maybe use a container of similar size to store things there. Like maybe a tourniquet or something. I'll make some pics soon of how mine work and share them if folks wanna see how to make thier own simple cheap slings too

Jstocks

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah that's pretty good thinking. Whatever works. You could maybe use a container of similar size to store things there. Like maybe a tourniquet or something. I'll make some pics soon of how mine work and share them if folks wanna see how to make thier own simple cheap slings too
    I made some really nice ones out of suspenders. I sowed the suspenders onto nylon webbing. I always attach with sling studs.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I made some really nice ones out of suspenders. I sowed the suspenders onto nylon webbing. I always attach with sling studs.
    I bought some black rolls of that from Walmart. Planned to use it for some test slings but it got sidetracked. It's a good material to integrate for sure

Latest posts

Top Bottom