• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Looking at getting some for a sxs project. May just use BP or modern powders. From reading they use large pistol primers. Also needed is cork or cardboard packing disks for separating the powder/shot and cap. Do you need a shotgun loader or can you hand load them? I'm sure you need some kind of press? To put the primers in/ take out? If someone could reccomend a good book on it. That would help. Thanks.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Why don't you just buy what you need ready to use., I have some packed up some place in me area. I loaded some brass hells one time still have box of new 12 ga. shells. If you are wanting make your wads you can buy cutters to cut your own. Told you should hang out in my place more , but you just can/t quit going to work.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are lots of DYI kits out there..

One tool you may want is one of the old hand crimpers. They are a hoot.. Like a Rube Goldberg's tool for reloaders.

1632285805838.png

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Why don't you just buy what you need ready to use., I have some packed up some place in me area. I loaded some brass hells one time still have box of new 12 ga. shells. If you are wanting make your wads you can buy cutters to cut your own. Told you should hang out in my place more , but you just can/t quit going to work.
    Your right, need to come by with the Bride and cook out or something. I'll bring the magnetic steaks!!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    rebel here you go buddy aint no high tech but it good start, you will just have load large shot like 00,000, slug buy hand
    After reading I don't think you even need that. Just need oversize cards and fiber wads. 11ga wads and 10ga cards. Can be sealed with wax. (Tempature restrictions, outdoor heat) would need a hand primer though, uses lpp.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    After reading I don't think you even need that. Just need oversize cards and fiber wads. 11ga wads and 10ga cards. Can be sealed with wax. (Tempature restrictions, outdoor heat) would need a hand primer though, uses lpp.
    just thought id throw it out there brother, just case you were intrested.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have to come to the man’s defense here. We all have to work like hell nowadays to support our “habit”.

Top Bottom