Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Lehigh Defense?

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Telum Pisces

Reaction score
Anyone ever used any of their extreme penetrator rounds for rifle? I had a discount code and picked some up for my 45-70. 305 grains of solid projectile. Seem to feed just fine in my Henry lever action.

I've loaded two different loads to try out. Wondering what they will do for hogs!!!!

Next to regular 300 gr federal fusion and 5.56 for size comparison.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

John B.

Reaction score
I've used their subsonic 300blk ammo and it is fantastic. Lehigh makes some awesome bullets.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Telum Pisces

Reaction score
I've used their subsonic 300blk ammo and it is fantastic. Lehigh makes some awesome bullets.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Good deal. We'll see how the bullet and the load do in my Henry lever gun.

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
45-70 vs hogs - - -> Want to blow a huge hole and ruin alot of meat . . . Hornady 300gr pushed as fast as possible.
Want to penetrate the largest of hogs . . . 405gr WFNGC (hardcast). Put it on the shoulder.
Nothing else needed,especially the expensive stuff. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah,in an open peanut field,I usually just chase 'em down and hamstring 'em with my Swiss Army Knife.
But . . . if you just gotta shoot them . . . go ahead. --- SAWMAN
ADDED: Take a look at the Cutting Edge Bullets website. (.458" bullets) It is hard to believe that they would do any better than a 405 as mentioned above. The weight,combined with the speed that you can drive it at,to me,is perfection.

Last edited:

Telum Pisces

Reaction score
45-70 vs hogs - - -> Want to blow a huge hole and ruin alot of meat . . . Hornady 300gr pushed as fast as possible.
Want to penetrate the largest of hogs . . . 405gr WFNGC (hardcast). Put it on the shoulder.
Nothing else needed,especially the expensive stuff. --- SAWMAN
Only got these because I didn't pay full price! And let's be honest, they look cool! Hahaha

I have two loads, one mild and one medium. I may load them hotter depending. I've shot hogs with both regular expanding .458 rounds and hard cast! You're right about destroying meat with expanding ones. The hardcast just punch right through. Curious what this bullet design will do. They say it's to penetrate massive amounts and provide some extra wound cavity. So we'll see.

Snake-Eyes

Reaction score
[video]https://youtu.be/yAxqkxkSz4k[/video]

Who knew a Phillips-head bit going fast enough was so devastating...

Toggle Sidebar

Members online