HD Tactical

LA TIMES QUOTE OF THE DAY - PRICELESS Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning fir

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    LA TIMES QUOTE OF THE DAY - PRICELESS

Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms." Yep, - she really said it on Thursday in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee... And the quote below from the LA Times is priceless. Sometimes even the LA. Times gets it right.

Kurt Nimmo: "Senator Feinstein insults all U.S. Veterans as she flails about in a vain attempt to save her anti-firearms bill."

Quote of the Day from the Los Angeles Times:

"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, Kamala Harris, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'. The five of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."

Columnist Burt Prelutsky,

Los Angeles Times

Be sure to forward this to all of the "mentally ill" vets you know. Especially the ones with guns?

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Can’t make this crazy sh!t up, glad I lost all my firearms on a boating accident over the weekend. SMH

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Isn't there a quote someplace that "stupid is as stupid does" Forrest Gump? It means that an intelligent person who does or says stupid things is still stupid.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feinstein, who obviously doesn't know squat about PTSD, uses it as an across the board firearms disqualifer and extents that thought to : if the ammendment passed how would "Veterans PROVE": that they are not mentally ill in order to possess firearms, that were the subject of the debate.

A summary would be that Feinstein position is: All Veterans since the Iraq War have PTSD and VETERANS ARE MENTALLY UNQUALIFIED UNTIL THEY PROVE THEY DON'T HAVE PTSD in order to have firearms as outlined in the ammendment.

For the Record Here's her comment as Posted in Snoops fact check: (you interpet it):

The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.

The answer is simple: a DD214 identifies Service and NICS already includes reported disqualifying mental health reporting.

Last edited:

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hate her for the right reasons. Just sayin.

Joeko you posted it, you find the LA times cite. I'm not going to spend my time looking for something that isn't there.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fact we have two sides here. Each claiming something different.
    Snopes says:
    CLAIM: Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California said, “all vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms.”
    AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Feinstein did not say that all veterans are mentally ill and that the government should keep them from owning firearms. The quote was fabricated.
    THE FACTS: Tom Mentzer, Feinstein’s spokesman, told The Associated Press that the quote was false.
    Mentzer's word is not good enough.
    The AP claims its 3rd party fact checkers also found it to be false https://apnews.com/afs:Content:2296620995 without seeing official documents I also do not believe them.

Apparently Columnist Burt Prelutsky is the one that made this claim and he is far from being a neutral person either.

People on both the left and right have a record of lying. I would rather see from official sources a direct quotation from those senate proceedings. Does not the congressional or senate record have that information.

Anyway my conclusion is that Feinstein is antigun and I do know her intent.

Here is what the AP claims she said and even that is still disturbing. So in essence she did say in other words what is being claimed.
    Democratic legislators including Feinstein reintroduced the Assault Weapons Ban in 2013 following the mass shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. During a committee markup of the bill, Feinstein spoke out against a proposed amendment by Texas Sen. John Cornyn that suggested retired military personnel should be exempt from the bill.

Feinstein raised the concern of veterans with PTSD owning assault weapons, arguing that “ it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.

“So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to — if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon,” she said.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If your a Vet, and Feinstein says (pick your source) that you must prove your not mentally ill, the statement infers you are mentally ill. it runs right along with another Democrat favorite: Red Flag Laws : Prove your innocent.
    Using the words that she has admitted to saying, veterans are guilty until proven innocent.
    verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    FEINSTEIN.... didn't she have a chauffer that was a CHINESE SPY ..? And didn't said spy work for her for over 20 years...?? and didn't she and her hubby make Hundreds of Millions doing biz with China...
    ?

I think she is a traitor and should be hung for TREASON.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FEINSTEIN.... didn't she have a chauffer that was a CHINESE SPY ..? And didn't said spy work for her for over 20 years...?? and didn't she and her hubby make Hundreds of Millions doing biz with China...
    ?

I think she is a traitor and should be hung for TREASON.
    Snopes does not deny or confirm the story
    It is difficult to address the merits of this kind of argument based on what is publicly known about the case. The FBI has not commented on it, and according to Feinstein, no risk of the staff member in question’s transferring sensitive material ever existed, as no one on the senator’s California staff possessed security clearances necessary to have access to that kind of information in the first place.

While the reporting on this topic vaguely suggested that the staff member “reported back to China about local politics,” it is uncertain whether this staff member ever provided the Chinese anything of value, or even whether efforts to recruit this individual were even successful:

The FBI apparently concluded the driver hadn’t revealed anything of substance.
    “They interviewed him, and Dianne forced him to retire, and that was the end of it,” says our source.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Snopes does not deny or confirm the story
    AND YET..... SHE AND HER HUBBY MADE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS WITH THE CHINESE...
    AND YET... ITS PROVEN THE FBI COVERS UP CRIMES OF DEMoncRats,,,,
    imo...……. a Politician who becomes a millionaire LIKE HER.... is CROOKED AND NEEDS TO BE IN FRONT OF A MILITARY TRIBUNAL.
    MAY SHE ROT IN HELL AFTER HER HANGING

Staff online

Top Bottom